• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

What Can You Buy In Your Country For $1.00 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sammyiam

MyPTSD Pro
I just wanted to ask what can you buy in your country for one dollar ?
Over here in Kiwi Land (New Zealand)
Some things are ;

Half a mince pie (a real budget one) $2.50
Half a can of coke $2.50 a can
1/4 of a beer in a pub about $5.50 for a handle
Half a scoop of chips ( if you are lucky )$2.50
A fifth of a coffee (a real one from a coffee stand ) $5.50
A small thick and chunky cake of chocolate from the supermarket if you buy from a garage its $3.50
A third of a two litre of milk. A 2 litre of milk is $4.00
A fifth of a loaf of bread about $4.50 to $6.00 for a yummy loaf

Ok when I go to therapy it's about $140.00 an hour. So mmmm maybe just over $2.00 a minute !
Don't be late :D

So if everyone on here paid $1.00 for
24 hour support ( there is always someone who is unable to sleep around the world up in the chat room )
Up to date information currently being added by the day
Threads by the thousand ( if you read them all you will be old and grey by the time you finish..... Like me :D)
Online staff 24 hours a day
Un to date features and information
A safe ( well as safe as the Internet gets ) place that the staff are always watching for mean horrible people so they can ban them
Personal messages you can send to members
And a thousand other things which I have forgot ( on purpose so you can add to the list ):p

So I feel that my $1.00 is way better value for money here than anywhere in the world, can you tell me something that will buy me more ?

I was so scared to donate for ages as I thought people would be able to track me and it would come up on my accounts or someone whould find out I have a hundre more examples. I suffer huge paranoia !

But is it so easy if you are scared to donate there is PayPal but there is also what I use.

I go the the supermarket or post shop and buy a pre paid Visa card you go ask at the counter they say how much money would you like to have as credit you can put whatever amount on it. No names no questions nothing. Take it home and just put the number in when it asks for visa number. There is no way to track who you are no trail left . Nothing 100 % safe you can use it over and over until the credit is gone.

Just next time you buy something just think can I spare one dollar to keep this amazing site going ?

If this site closed down tomorrow because Anthony and Nicolette just got sick and tired of having to keep asking for donations WHERE WOULD YOU GO ?

You wouldn't be able to say goodbye to your chat friends answer any threads find information.
Just think we would all just be gone. I would be really sad and miss you all :(

This is the first and only site I found on the Internet but I have been told it's the best, and I tend to agree.

Come on everyone next time you spen a dollar just think that will keep this site going for a whole year if everyone here donated there dollar.

It's only about three mouthfuls of your coffee you are probably drinking right now.

What can you buy for a dollar in your country ?

Sammy

Other than the dollar store:

Half a cup of coffee,
A quarter of a breakfast plate (early bird special),
A half dozen eggs,
250 ml milk,
Can you tell it is morning and I am hungry?

In other words, you can't get much for a dollar. Value considered, just putting a dollar into this site is massive value.

Ok I see $1 US is 64p today.

here for 64p I can buy:

Less than a half of a litre of diesel for my car
Less than half a loaf of granary bread
A quarter of a small glass of wine in the pub
A sixth of a pint of beer
A kilo of bananas
One fifth of a haggis
2 baking potatoes
3 x 2 litre bottles of Tesco own brand sugar-free cola drink ( undrinkable but cheap)
35 Quadrillion Zimbabwean Old Dollars
1 postage stamp for standard sized mail within the UK

Basically - NOT A LOT!!!

Last edited:
Wow is my face red! I only thought I had been donating each month and my paypal account had expired and I had too start all over. I finally got everything all completed and I just donated one hundred dollars to make up for the missing donations.. I did not know, and I am very sorry and I am so happy that I got it all sorted out.

@gizmo
No red faces none at all it's great just to donate. I only put on payments in lumps like that. I would never remember to do it every month you are so amazing to be able to remember to do it every month. As I'm to scared to use PayPal I just do it using my visa pre paid card so have to do it when I remember.

Your awesome gizmo !!!!

I'm sorry if I have offended anyone, I was just trying to say @gizmo that gizmo was awesome to donate and she shouldn't be feeling anything but great for having donated when she said she had a red face I just wanted to say you shouldn't even think that, and I only wanted to let her know I think she is great for adding to the donation.

I'm really sorry for saying anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back