• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

What Causes Ptsd?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewDay770

Learning
Must a PSTD sufferer have gone through one huge trauma or it can even be anything usual? I mean like a series of events to cause it? And how the flashbacks are?

I went to psychiatric one diagnosed me with PTSD and the other said that I don't have PTSD cuz I have not gone through a major trauma... Both said that I really need to take medicines and I need therapy.

I am confused.

<Moved to appropriate area on the forum and edited for basic grammar>

I asked my therapist the same question once. I thought she explained it in this way. She said that when we go through a trauma, the stress hormones flood the brain. They stress the brain, and because the brain can't have a break from these stress chemicals, it gets damaged. She said the brain does what it does. I suppose my brain did what it did quite well.

PTSD is caused by abnormally traumatic events, meaning they are outside the scope of what is considered normal to experience within life. It can be a singular event or compounding events.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back