• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

What Did You Do For Someone Else Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ran an errand for my dad. He was cooking and needed a couple more ingredients and he asked me to go to the store and get them for him. I was in a bad mood at the time but I went anyway because ultimately I wanted to help him.

I listened to a former co-worker when I saw her today in the grocery store. When I asked her how she was, she told me that she had cancer. She said that it had come back and began to tell me where it all was. We talked briefly but when I saw tears in her eyes, I touched her arm to indicate that I did care about her.

I walked away and knew her news wasn't good and began to remember the times when we worked together.

I stayed on the phone giving a woman advice about her dog when I knew within the first 30 seconds I couldn't help her due to it's age (too young to come in to an oldies rescue). 5 minutes of my time to direct her to suitable rescues that might be able to help. 5 minutes more than she had gotten from any of the other, far larger, rescues she had tried.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back