• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

What Did You Do For You Today???

Status
Not open for further replies.
For tonights dinner, I really splurged. I went to carls jr. and got me some fried zucchini. Then I went to jack in the box and got sourdough jacks and curly fries. I cannot believe I ate the whole thing. But I had been craving zucchini. It was very good. I am trying to keep my spirits up.

I took a small dose of seroquel to ease my anxiety about tomorrow. I put the bottle out where I can see it so that I don't forget to take some before we leave the house.

Right now, though, it is making me feel very sleepy between that and the abilify. It will be great if I sleep through the night because of it.

I also gave myself two facials. :)

Forced myself to get up out of bed and do some chores. Took a bath and gave myself a bit of a well needed haircut. Cleaned my bedroom and finished off the laundry. Did the dishes and watered the plants. Went through an old card holder and threw out what I no longer needed. Asked for some help with respect to dinner 'cause by this time I was in pain and fatigued. Back to bed and on the computer. Keeping warm with a hot water bottle beside me.
I'm proud of the accomplishments I made today. Tinkering with quitting smoking.

I did not turn into a basket case when my husband went off on me falsely accusing me of stuff in his delucions he is having right now. He is having hallucinations and delusions. I reacted calmly, and kept on telling him it was a delusion. He is in a bad mood now. But it will pass.

Gizmo can you get inhome respite care or day care? B's father goes to daycare once a week now and he really enjoyes it. They have someone coming every Monday so B has a a few hours off then as well.

Anyway, just a suggestion. Do you have an ACAT Team in your area or similar?

I know I will have to call in home health care for someone. Soon. I cannot keep this up. He will not like it. it will be a fight. I have to check into it. I need to get some kind of help. I do not see him going somewhere. He likes to stay at home. I will have to have someone come and stay with him.

I know I will have to call in home health care for someone. Soon. I cannot keep this up. He will not like it. it will be a fight. I have to check into it. I need to get some kind of help. I do not see him going somewhere. He likes to stay at home. I will have to have someone come and stay with him.
I have seen gizmo, that the sooner that you get the help and assistance in, the better it goes in the long run. The sooner that you get inhome respite care in - the better you will feel and you will manage better. Also the sooner you get the help in the house, the sooner he will accept it. We don't do this so well in our society yet. We haven't learnt how to manage this so well yet.

You deserve that inhome care and support gizmo. Being a full time carer is really draining and exhausting.

I am talking with husband. I am telling him that he is having an hallucination and delusion. He is listening. I decided to go for mocha frappes. Mabe I will go out for take out again today. I will take a shower. It is going to be a slow day. The anxiety meds are helping me. I am staying calm and relaxed to reassure him. I have to wait until tommorow to call his doctor.

Did not go crazy getting ready for my boyfriend to come over tomorrow for Christmas eve tomorrow. Surgical strike into the mall in a half hour. Kamikazi run into Kmart 20 minutes. 30 minutes into the grocery store. Hung some lights around the fireplace. Put up a couple christmas knick knacks and I was done.

(...I can't go into stores like Kmart or Target or the grocery store for too long. I get very stressed and overwhelmed and confused. Sometimes I end up crying. I just go in and get out as soon as possible. Since dating my boyfriend and learning about PTSD, I think I probably have it too to some degree from experiencing my father's murder while living with him.)

Sincerely,
Dallas.

...oh, yeah...Merry Christmas everyone! Thank you for being here for me over these past months. You've helped me learn a lot about many things I didn't know about myself! You guys are the best! :hug: xxxooo

...and special thanks to Anthony and Nicolette for doing this forum! I'm sure you have helped hundreds of people over the years (too numerous to count). You guys are a blessing!

Sincerely,
Dallas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back