• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

What Did You Do For You Today???

Status
Not open for further replies.
What did I do for myself today? I snuck into the meats and cheeses for the grinders and had a little snack. It was yummy. I have to watch it. They are supposed to be there for Tuesday. I am bad.;)

Yesterday, my mom shocked me with her buying 3 pairs of blazers. I went to exchange one of them, went out with my aunt to help her buy a fruit salad, and went down afterwards go Chipotle!!! Yummy in my tummy.

Today: might get my toes done. If not, will spend Christmas eve at my aunt's place.

I helped my husband clean our house. I often can not and he takes on the burden, so doing it wasn't just for him, it was to help me feel useful too. Also, my FIL is coming over tomorrow and I want the house nice. I don't like the anxiety of someone coming over and the house isn't presentable.

So this was for me to feel useful, uncluttered, and not anxious.

I skipped Christmas this year. Christmas Eve is the most important time in Germany for Christmas and I stayed home and watched movies, did some research on Kindles, read a bit and bought a bottle of beer. :) The only family connection was my dad calling and it was short and okay. I have felt well today being alone. Just so relaxing... Didn't trust that feeling too much but it was still a good one. Went for a night walk, too (the last three days), very nice. Not many people out, cool weather and nice scenery (despite the rain).

Today I took a nice slow walk to the food store and enjoyed being outside and the fresh air! I saw the most beautiful pink roses on the way! The sun was directly hitting them and they looked to be glowing from within! Also, the moon was high in the sky even though it was still daytime so that was cool!

At the food store I treated myself and bought a peach pie, two small jars of marinated artichoke hearts and a bag of Starbursts candy! :D

I just let myself be today. I napped and watched dvds. It was a nice Xmas Day for me. I then got up and chatted to people in the chatroom. I had quite a few smses and some calls. Very low key.

Last night I had celebratory food. That was yummy. I manage eating much better these days. I don't overeat as much or comfort eat.

B rang me today and said it was a good idea that I didn't come up for Xmas Day with him and his Dad (who has dementia today) as his Dad was shouting and yelling this morning. Then he got drunk at the Xmas Event that they went to and B got trapped there for hours. So he didn't have a good day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back