• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

What did you do today to work towards emotional regulation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I chatted with my very supportive grandfolks about how it had been Cyclone Ragdoll craziness for the last few days, and was able to laugh at myself for having lost the plot a few times. Which had the desired effect of taking much of the wind out of the storm:)

A lot has changed for me. Things are feeling quite separate now - things are no longer as fused together with past and present intermingling. I can separate out what belongs with what now. I haven't been able to do that before. I would always hesitate because I would think is this the past flooding into the present, but it is not doing that now. A significant step forward for me.

I am practising my sleep hygiene and routines, which are making a difference. I can separate out my sleep of the past to the sleep of the present.

Learn to play a musical instrument. I find it very soothing!

I am grateful for my developing ability to give a measured response. I am managing things with my partner really well. I am much improved!

I also am being disciplined with my exercise, Mindfulness, eating, busting distorted cognitions and working on my recovery. All this is being very useful for working towards emotional regulation.

I rode on the tractor to mow the lawns. It only took two hours. So this is really helpful for my emotional regulation as I will not lose my shit when the lawns grow longer and it takes 4-6 hours to mow all the lawns.

I have also decided to give up certain expectations with my partner. My partner is hopeless at certain things, such is life. Radical Acceptance.

I also made a month's worth of frozen sandwiches, cheesy muffins, and banana muffins so that is great as that stops me from having emotional regulation problems when my partners says I don't have time to make breakfast and/or lunch due to having been online. So that is great for my emotional regulation.

I also decided to let a whole lot of stuff go, which is also great for emotional regulation.

I did my part in the Happiness Challenge

The list is:
1. Write down three new things you are grateful for each day.
2. Journal about a positive experience experience in the last 24 hours.
3. Exercise
4. Meditation
5. A random act of kindness towards others.

1. Physio, Walking with friends, B, the sunrise, a great email that came my way.
2. So many things. I am doing really well with working out my kids at the school, and the teacher said it had taken them years to get some of the information about/from the students, and well done on me for working it out. I also did really well in another arena in my life. I am growing and changing so much. My life is improving every day! I managed things with my partner really well. I can step back now and let go.
3. Walking from 5.45am until 6.45am with my walking group.
4. Got up at 4.30am and meditated for half an hour.
5. I went to see someone I wanted to avoid, but they needed some TLC so I did it. Sent my sister a good morning text.

I ate a lime to ground myself, I reached out to a friend, and I was open with my partner about my trauma trigger today. I also crocheted a face scrubbie, washed the dishes, and cleaned a fan that really needed cleaning. A cleaner house helps me feel less cluttered in my brain, and helps me feel a sense of accomplishment.

I went to a music lesson, and was present in the room, in order to practise learning and being present in the room with someone else being present. It was challenging but well worth it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back