• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

What do supporters want to know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me taking myself out of the equation means I'm dealing with things from an unselfish perspective. I allow my sufferer to have control over how fast or slow we move with things in order to be comfortable. Maybe I shouldn't give my opinion because it seems like I'm not understood as I think I am. It also has me feeling as if my examples are poor because no one would dream of doing what I do with my sufferer.

This will possibly be the last post in this forum. Example again, when we are faced with a challenge, I don't immediately think of myself. I think of how my sufferer would feel if my approach is too aggressive. Thank you

If I offended you,@B.J. I apologize.... always keep in mind, the written word does not always interpret for the reader as the writer intended... you didn't do anything wrong.... leaving is your choice over a simple miscommunication....

Print out a copy of the stress cup explanation for him. That was the most helpful thing for me as an...

Ditto.

I showed my guy this website and the articles. He very much appreciated the info. He's also reading books on PTSD.

Me taking myself out of the equation means I'm dealing with things from an unselfish perspective. I allow...

I think you're projecting or possibly assuming?

How do you know that others wouldn't do as you do? (I'm sure there are others who approach it in a similar way.)

Can you explain more about taking yourself out of the equation?

Last edited by a moderator:
Me taking myself out of the equation means I'm dealing with things from an unselfish perspective.
That seems like a good thing to do in any relationship. It's not what I thought "taking yourself out of the equation" would mean, but, now that you've explained, I can see it makes sense. (To me, "taking myself out of the equation" would mean that my own needs didn't count, or something like that.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back