• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

What Do You Make

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't make anything on a regular basis. But I am looking forward to a Christmas tradition., I have the grand kids over to bake and decorate cookies. Our dog hangs around our feet hoping for scraps and ends up looking like he was in a snow storm from all the flour that is spilled on him.

IsisDC. Maybe post a video in the media area? As long as it's not self promoting. LOL I have seen people try to sneak in to sell some weird crap here. Wasn't someone trying to sell something like beds? Hard to tell what the moderators have squashed before we even see it! I am sure there was no ill intent. Geez, I volunteered in a church committee, with group emails about developments and just got an email from one of the participants trying to get us to help with a school fund raiser that helps pay fees for her son. It's that kind of thing that moderators are trying to avoid. I really do like the thread topic though!

ISH

Hmmmm, heard the term "build a better mouse trap"? Maybe I could sell my picture here and members could use it to scare the mice away! Hmmmmmmm I could put a Santa hat on and make it this year's hot Christmas item. I'll call it "Christmas Mouse-away" (I know, I need help, LOL)

I make collages and I make designs with craft supplies like masks, stamp pads and patterned paper.

I make greetings cards and cover things like boxes, notebooks and vases.

I recently got a shape cutter, which is a craft knife that rotates, so I can cut my own stencils out of card into any designs or pictures that I want, then apply paste through them and add floss (coloured fluff).

I like cooking, and one of my favourite Japanese dishes that I make is little bundles of carrot sticks tied with seaweed bows.

When I have to go on a train journey with people connected to work who I don't really want to talk to, I knit fair isle. It's not as rude as reading a book, because in theory I can talk at the same time, but in practice they see me concentrating on the pattern and tend not to talk. I don't knit any actual thing, just a strip that I say is a sample before I make a whole jumper. I'm not intending to knit a jumper, though, it's just to get out of having to make conversation. :oops:

"Do Craft" forum

I'm just a little curious.

Since there seems to be a few of us crafty people from the UK on here,I was wondering if any of you are users of the "do crafts" forum?

I haven't the patience for needlework but as a little project I recently bought assorted ready cut felt flower bits that I built up and secured with a bead centre, sewed brooch clips on the back. A couple for me and 4 little gifts to give away. Even though there wasn't much to do and it took me several weeks, I enjoyed doing it.

A couple of years ago made our own Christmas cards with all sort of bits n bobs which was fun. Will be making decorations this year - going out and gathering holly and ivy, exchanging home made mince pies with a neighbour for some mistletoe that grows in her trees. I've bought beaded tree decorations in the past at local craft market. That's something I think I'd probably like to have a go at making myself.

Just changed my avatar to show the little bird brooches I make.
This is a bit of a new project for me and I'm having such a great time.
This week I carved out about 100 clay stamps to make bisque moulds for porcelain jewellery, and I'm going to play with silver pmc: I'm not sure if it'll come away from plaster/bisque in the same way as normal clay does? We'll See.

Hiya,

I'm not sure what you mean by the "do crafts" forum, could you say a bit more?

It sounds interesting. :inlove: crafts.

Hashi

Do crafts is a uk crafting brand that has its own forum,lots of iits members have various difficulties and use crafting as a theraputic hobby.I was just curious to see if any of our members used it.I used to be oon there a lot but due to time constraints i've not checked in for a while.

For anyone who would like to check the forum that wife of is referring to, here is the link.

Adjustment Disorders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back