• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

What Do You Most Like About Yourself?

Status
Not open for further replies.

goingonhope

MyPTSD Pro
And, if there's lots you like you can share it with all of us here.

I'll start.

Me, I like when some freedom of choice, self-esteem and unpredictability returns to me and in my life.........it makes being me a whole lot easier.

Hope

My instinct to help others.

But it’s also my weakness where others take advantage of me, especially some friends and relatives knowing that I can never walk away from them with rejections.

I like the gift I have with animals. I like my compassion for others. I like my nails. I like that I am unique and don't allow people to make me conform, just a rebel at heart. I like that I can still cry sometimes.

I agree with Midnite; my willingness to help others has led to me being taken advantage of at home and at work over the years. I'm learning how to say "no".

I like the fact that I can absorb information like a sponge. I like my quick sense of humor. I like my empathic ability. I like my ability with children and animals.

Talk about getting people in touch with their self esteem issues. Way to go. But being put on the spot... Ouch.

I like I am not a total bitch. OK, my standards are not high. But the kids make messes and it is not the end of the world. A bill gets over looked and opps it is shut off (in a lil town they are not back logged so when it is due, they mean due) I don't lose it. I guess what I like my about me is my temper is no where what it was and I have learned empathy. Won't be walked on, but I can understand people I never would have before.

Also, I have great taste in guys now... Like my hubby! That got a lot better with age!

Totally hard one.HHHHHHHHMMMMMMMMMMM let me think I like that I have the patients of a saint (most days) sometimes I am an ogre when my son wakes me up at 4:30 to play video games AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH.
I like that my eyes are blue and i wish I could find a friend like me because all of my friends love me, my family.well thats a different story.

You know, I really, really like how hard of a worker I am and how determined, persistent and constructively willful I can be.

Also, I like how I can find in most anything, another lesson for applying new approaches to living and striving. I like my analogical and metorphorical thinking style.

I like that I really pay attention to people, looking them in the eyes, focusing, clarifying when appropriate and letting them really know that they're being heard.

Now this might be a stretch of the imagination to believe this, but sometimes I like that I've had almost each and every experience in life that I've had, because I generally remember to know that great goodness, ..... compassion, ..... insight ..... and, experience can be rooted in, changed and born from it all.

Hope, maybe I am misunderstanding... But I think to sum it up I have a higher purpose, a reason. I have truly changed having this and think I have this to help others not get this. I know I have gained more than I want, but still feel there is a reason why.

I have always like (and sometimes hated) that I can see both people's side of an issue. Growing up with parents that were two different religions AND two different political parties made me see that's there's always at least two sides to everything. It's not the most popular place to be...but it's where I am.

What I've also always liked about myself is that I can help and support people. It's always been there, too. Fortunately I have my husband who can pull me back when I try to go too far. Still learning the balancing act on that one.

Also, I've always liked that people could come and talk to me. I may not be able to solve their problems, but I can listen and help if possible.

Lisa

I have determination and obstinence that I would fight the world with. It has both kept me alive, but has pushed me over my own limits several times - yet pulled me through too. I've got balls when I need them.

I have a sense of humour.

(I have been told) I can make most people feel comfortable around me.

I can put on a face, and that has both worked for and against me. Without it, I would be a wreck and unable to 'get on with it', but it makes me lonely and I don't know how to ask for help so I often suffer alone.

I am trustworthy. I can help and support people and do wherever I can. I have passion for that, it makes life meaningful.

I am open minded, non judgemental, and know how to respect people. At least I hope so!

Nothing seems to kill me - gotta be a good thing, I guess.

Ha, I almost feel guilty writing good things about myself....

Yup this one is a toughy......

What I like about me is that I help people when I can, but know my limits to be healthy for me. I like the fact that my temper has come from 0-60 B**** in 3 seconds to a slow burn. Takes me forever to really get angry now. I like my dedication to work, and to myself.

Yup that was tough...

She Cat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back