1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

What do you think about this?

Discussion in 'Treatment & Therapy' started by Lightje, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Lightje

Lightje New Member

I saw my t the other day they were talking about going out a month before I come in again but as I was leaving my T said some even go three months. A while back I was working through some heavy stuff and I was talking to my DBT T about it I worked through most of it with that T but I was too embarrassed to tell them the last part. So I told my regular T about it. I think the other T was hurt because they keep bringing up how I talked to my regular T about it. The last time I saw that T they were kind of impatient and looking at the clock a lot I am worried that is why they suggested going out three months. I don't know maybe it's just me.

UnicornSightings likes this.
  2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. Friday

Friday Raise Hell Moderator

I'm a little confused.

Is the following correct?

1. You have 2 Therapists. T-Reg & T-DBT
    2. You see T-Reg once a month, or are transitioning to once a month, & they've suggested that you switch to every 3 months.
    3a. You think T-Reg is hurt because you worked through some stuff with T-DBT, and this is why they're transitioning you?
    3b. Or you think T-DBT is hurt because you withheld info from them, and talked with T-Reg about it?

4. Muted

Muted Well-Known Member Premium Member

I think you should be able to go as often as you want to or need to as long as it works for you and your T's schedule.

Just because your T says some even go as far out as three months doesn't mean your T is suggesting that for you. She may just be telling you about how often is average and letting you decide based on what's right for you. Is this something you feel comfortable talking about with your T? I think it might help to clarify some things.

5. Justmehere

Justmehere beating the odds Moderator Premium Member

If you are worried about anything in therapy, especially about what one T feels about you talking to another, talk to the therapists involved about it. Tell them you are worried.

Simply Simon and Muted like this.
  6. Okay

Okay Guest

I am talking specifically about the DBT T. I have two I have two T's because insurance requires in order to do that I need a specific therapist for that area. I was projecting or worrying because of the fact that I worked through that last part with my regular T instead of working the entirety out with my DBT T. Because the one T keeps bringing it up.

UnicornSightings likes this.
  7. digger

digger I'll just have a P please, Bob Moderator Donated

@Lightje - please log in to your account to make any further replies, thanks.

8. UnicornSightings

UnicornSightings Well-Known Member Donated

You're off the hook for your therapists' emotions. If one of them is hurt that's not your problem. Not your job to worry about them or make them feel better. And as far as the time between sessions, you get to decide what works best for you. If that's not ok with t, find another. Only you know how much support you need.

Justmehere likes this.
  9. stp2012

stp2012 Well-Known Member Premium Member

@Lightje I really want to respond to this thread as I do have a couple of thoughts, but as with @Friday , I'm a little confused.

I'm a little confused about whether your therapists were in conference together before your arrival, or are they two completely different therapists meeting independently?

How was it that you had a session with one, as you referred in singular tense, but then it sounds as those both were making statements about transition times together?

Maybe I'm just not interpreting things correctly as I've not been in your shoes before. My gut tells me that whatever the case, the therapist and client need to reach agreement on things in order to move forward. If there is conflict happening then that needs to be addressed. I don't see how you can have a safe trusting relationship with either one if it's actually a 3 way triangle gone wrong.