• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

What Do You Usually Do To Feel Better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a daily routine, starting my days with tea, reading Scriptures from the Bible, reading lighthearted romance novels that start with a Bible verse (Love Inspired), come here to the forums, add my two cents OFTEN, joined The Happiness Challenge here, lunch, relax and look out my window at the forest, maybe go out on the porch and watch the cars go by, maybe go shopping, maybe chat with a friend on the phone, play Scrabble (my psychiatrist told me it helps to improve short term memory) check my emails, visit FACEBOOK, shoot some nature photos and share them with friends online, do some art therapy and send a photo of it to my therapist, write a poem and share it with online poetry fans, go for a walk in the park with a friend and my dog, sit with my dog in my lap and ponder things that have happened recently and really things from my whole life (I am retired), bake some goodies like cookies or brownies, balance my checkbook, brush the dog's hair, eat lunch and dinner someplace in there....

Well, you get the idea, I hope!

I go over to my daughters house, or talk to her on the phone, or take the girls here for the weekend. I go to a friends house and I call my friends on the phone. Getting out of the house and doing fun things.

I am so fun deprived. I feel like I am rejoining the land of the living. Anything to have a good day.

On the bad days nothing seems to work. But on the good days, I am relaxed and happy. Everything feels good. I am coming back to life once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back