1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

What Else Needs to Happen! - A Lot Of Bad Luck

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by stgreenwood36, Jun 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stgreenwood36

stgreenwood36 New Member

:gunem-dow I lost my sister April 2006, I lost my job making $18.00/hr. in May 2006, I got evicted June 2006, moved into another place found out house is condemned in August 2006, moved into another house October 2006 my landlord died in April 2007, and now I'm in the community shelter May 2007, my childrens father decided I was burdening him with my depressing and moved our kids 45 minutes away and moved his old girlfriend in, my family said get over it she's gone. :poke: I just want to know how to pick up the pieces and start over.

I have to start everything all over again, HOW?

Stgreenwood36:boxem:

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. nov_silence

nov_silence Well-Known Member

You have already started the process. You are here. You finding this place is part of you advocating that you want better for your life and your sense of self and how you feel being a part of this world. You have suffered so so much. But you are not alone. While none of us can say, yeah, I know exactly how you feel, we do know loss, sadness, confusion, pain... all of it. But many of us have more than just brief glimpses of hope and truly beginning to live life as we have the right to live it.

Let's start with you, since that's all that you have "control" over. When you feel comfortable, what led to your struggles with PTSD? When were you diagnosed? You have persevered thus far.... how have you made that possible for yourself. Don't understimate your resilence.

We are here to support you, and encourage you that healing is possible.

Glad you are here, Nov

4. cactus_jack

cactus_jack Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard Stgreenwood!

5. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Hi Stgreenwood, what gave you PTSD?

6. Rowdydog

Rowdydog New Member

I feel your pain! I really do. After I was diagnosed I have to give up counseling because I couldn't keep a job and keep insurance. Couldn't get out of bed because of depression and didn't want to face the day. Still can't hold a job, went through a divorce, death in the family, lost family support because I'm withdrawn, lost 2 loving pets, on the verge of losing my home, moved in w/boyfriend but can't afford to help him w/bills because my drinking has led to a DUI arrest, spent mothers day in jail. I'm wondering the same thing you are, when will it end????? When does it get better? And how??????? I just want to know how to get past this? I feel like i'm stuck in this rut and that's where I'll be for the rest of my life. I really feel your pain.

7. janis362529

janis362529 New Member

Hi and welcome

8. cactus_jack

cactus_jack Well-Known Member

I keep asking myself the same thing- WILL this ever get better? Sure seems like it's always been going downhill for the past couple years. Will it stop? Is there a cliff at the end?

All I can do is pray. Should have started praying when it first happened and now that I'm at the end next to the precipice, I'm praying that there's a miracle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar