• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

What Good Thing Happened For You On Christmas?

• Thread starter Deleted member 12723
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 12723

I had a blast at my daughters house. I got to see a video of my youngest granddaughter doing ballet at a recital. She looked so cute. The kids had a blast opening presents. My daughter was so grateful that we did grinders because she was not feeling good. We stuffed ourselves.

We had to leave early because my husband was not feeling good. Now we are home and all cozy. We have out tree lights on. We had a wonderful time. Trying to keep it positive.

A friend invited me to spend some time with she and her family - nobody has ever done that before. Unfortunately I wasn't well enough to go, but the thought, and the way it made me feel, are things I wish I could bottle and preserve forever.

I did receive a couple of nice texts from friends.

And I survived a bad health scare - I suppose that should count as a good thing to happen...

I was able to have the family here to start inventing Christmas again. It's too long to get into. My extended family was torn apart in the most poisonous way imaginable, blown to bits, has become unrecognizable from who we used to be. Still is. The last 2 years, 2 Christmases, more than awful- shattering. Just plain worked like a dawg on several fronts, husband and I invented our new normal, had an awesome, awesome day with kids, grandson, Mom. BOOM.

I love our peaceful, delicate, fragile Christmas tree, which always looks magical. I love how Christmas means peace and love. I didn't have to cook. But I ate a lot of treats others gave me. :) :sick: :) I managed to contact most of the people who are most important to me. I gave out a lot of hugs. Today I hope to get some sleep, a 'real day off'.

Best wishes to All :hug: .

It was hard with Deb in the hospital and none of the family around, but I did have a few blessings. J, Deb's husband, cooked me breakfast :). Pecan pancakes and scrambled eggs, with coffee and creamer of course! Then J and I unloaded a round bale into the horses feeder so they had a Merry Christmas too. Plus that helps me out a ton!!!! Then I got to make green bean casserole and take some up to Deb. She was able to eat a few bites, so that was really good to see!

All in all, not a bad day! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back