• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

What Has Happen To The Chat Line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esterio

MyPTSD Pro
I have been coming to My PTSD for a short time. I have found it to be a caring supportive community with lots of people that would bend over backwards to support you as much as you need to say what you need to say. That change this week end two incidents of people loosing control and being bad to each other. The worst part was that someone was sharing something that was extreme combat situation and I don't know if he was able to continue. I really hope so, I am sorry for what was going on at the time that made it impossible for you to continue.
When I first came I was having a hard time in the chat room as it was sparking too many bad memories. I learned that when things upset me I need to leave for me and so I don't disrupt the room. I try to come to the chat room when I am feeling alone and need some contact. I live a lone and don't go out so it is about the only place I don't feel alone. Today I left the room twice sick to my stomach. I have tried to go back but I feel sick. We are here for support and to give support. I hope we can be better to each other. If not what hope do we have.

I have been coming to My PTSD for a short time. I have found it to be a caring supportive community wit...
i was not around for the second around for the second incident, but i was in the room for the first. Actually, i thought the Mod handled it pretty well. Someone was spouting off, received several well worded warnings to drop the topic, didn't and got the boot. The only thing I might have done differently was speak to the room after the incident, explain in a sentence or two that after a cooling down period the person would probably be back, and explain to the newbies in the room that the action taken was appropriate.

Regrettable it happened, but without the Mods intervention it would have gotten a lot worse.

Very well said Esterio. I haven't been on chat for Two years. I don't know if people don't understand that chat has the same standards as the forum at large.
Personal attacks, after warnings to cool off, and if they don't..they will be temp banned.
I thought there was an icon added to explain how chat works. Is anyone reading it? Its there for a reason.
I was reading threads today and saw some of what happened.
I'm sorry it upset you.
Possibly have some trust that Admin and the mods will keep making sure things are safe there.
In regard to the person who possibly left because of the disturbance, hopefully they will go to the threads and topics for help.
Chat is not really set up to handle complicated issues. Too much going on and seperate conversations. That's what the topics and threads are for.
All you can do is do your part to use chat as it's intended.
I know you are going thru a really rough time. And I know you are lonely.
Give yourself time and try again.
It's sad that a few mess it up for many. But that is life.
Take a break and try again.
Sending you gentle hugs.

Esterio. If you go to the icons above chat..the first icon, click on it and it explains how to report someone.
Admin or mods can't help if they don't know what is going on. This is a huge site with 2 million plus members. The mods and Admin act very quickly if they are aware there is a problem.
If you start getting upset, get out of chat and go back later.
In a perfect world we would all be nice to each other. And keep in mind this is a mental health forum. Things are going to happen time to time.
Possibly instead of looking at one upsetting incident, look at the overall picture of how well this forum runs. For that we thank Admin and the mods.

Very well said Esterio. I haven't been on chat for Two years. I don't know if people don't understand tha...
thanks for the reply ladee. I have gone back this evening for a bit but i think I need a break. I should just stay in the forums and read it is this need to connect with people on the now. It is loneliness.
peace be safe

Esterio. If you go to the icons above chat..the first icon, click on it and it explains how to report som...
thanks Yes I know it is a large site I was trying to find that so I could report the problem. I know the right thing for me is to leave.
Peace be safe my friend

There are fun threads here too Esterio. They help us laugh and we learn the fun side of people there. Just reading them is fun.
Go to the topic of "Social". Many things to read to lighten things up.
It's finding a balance here. We can't read all this intensity and it not affect us.We have to have fun too.
Hope you get good sleep and have a better day tomorrow.

There are fun threads here too Esterio. They help us laugh and we learn the fun side of people there. Jus...
Thanks I will go and look around. you are right we do need to laugh. I think that is why folks stay away from me now I am no fun. Sleep has gone away again I 'm not getting much if any. Some one told me I should get medications. I have had to many bad experiences with them in the passed. 2 or 3 years ago I went through a patch where all I did was sleep. if i sat down I went to sleep. I am most likely my own worse enemy i really don't have any routine at all. My body does what it wants when it wants. T session tomorrow afternoon I might ask about sleep.

Good idea my friend. There are meds that won't make you sleep all the time..but keep in mind you are exhausted. Its been a hard roller coaster ride for you for awhile now. And drink lots of water.
Happy to hear you are seeing your T tomorrow.
Hugs.

Good idea my friend. There are meds that won't make you sleep all the time..but keep in mind you are exha...
thanks for your replies means a lot. I think I am beyond exhausted. I would think i should sleep for days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back