• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer What I Did

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trev

New Here
I have a positive story to share. I'm ex-military and deployed too many times.

A couple of years back I found myself over reacting to the simplest situations. I'd become a screaming wreck over anything. I spent a lot of my time in a red mist.

It put my marriage at risk, jeopardized my career, and scared my toddler.

At one point I realized I'd gone too far. So I admitted to myself I had a problem, got help, and started talking. I committed to change, and rewired my brain. It took about a year, and was a bit bumpy.

My life couldn't be more different now. My marriage is strong, I'm doing well at work, and
my little boy and I get on really well. I don't snap anymore, I spend more time laughing than angry.

I wanted to share this story to offer hope and support to anyone starting or on their journey.

God bless and good luck.

Well done Trev, you managed all that on your own, that's some achievement! I wish I could have diagnosed what my problem was, as at one point I thought that I was actually going mad!

I had never heard of PTSD, never even knew what it was, then after a year of drifting through the nightmare, someone finally told me what was wrong, and that was a great relief to me, well, it's a lot better than thinking your going off your rocker!

I'm really glad you sorted your life out, I bet you are well chuffed with that, I know I would be, good luck.

I have a positive story to share. I'm ex-military and deployed too many times.

A couple of years back I...
Thanks for sharing your story with us.
I'm very glad to hear you and your family are doing better.
I too found myself in the same place as you did before getting the help I so badly needed.
Laughing and joking with my wife and daughter is what I missed and the anger is getting better with the support and from them as well as my EMDR with my T.
Best of luck to you in your recovery.
Dan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back