• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

What Images, Memories, Or Thoughts Bring You Comfort?

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kim500

I'll start, but I think mine will be the strangest! When I lay in bed and need to calm myself, I often picture myself in the middle of the ocean on a red raft, just floating. Ok so far, but...I imagine sharks circling my raft! The image calms me down and I don't even want to go into the psychology :bookworm: of why I find that a comfort! :hilarious: He he!

I love sharks but no way will I swim in the ocean!:eek:

If you would like to share your comforting images, memories, or thoughts here, feel free! The more the merrier and it's the holiday season! *Rings jingle bell!*:happy:

I forgot my other big one that I think of a lot to comfort myself! (This one is more understandable! Hehe! :D) I imagine that it's a beautiful, sunny day without a cloud in the sky except for one white, fluffy cloud. The cloud is above a pretty,green tree that stands alone on top of a grass covered hill. I lay peacefully on the cloud.:happy:

I'll start, but I think mine will be the strangest! When I lay in bed and need to calm myself, I often picture myself in the middle of the ocean on a red raft, just floating. Ok so far, but...I imagine sharks circling my raft! The image calms me down and I don't even want to go into the psychology :bookworm: of why I find that a comfort! :hilarious: He he!
I thought of a psychological reason why this image comforts me! I was imagining it again tonight as I lay in bed and I realized that my attention was on the sharks. (Whose wouldn't be!) It came to me that the image calmed me because by focusing on something other than my pain, my brain was able to take a break by thinking of something else and I was able to get calm. In other words, focusing on the sharks diverted my mind from the "pain track"! So the image isn't so crazy after all!! :)

The one that is the one is swimming with whales. In that image, there are no people other than me, and the whales. I am at a bay and can see the whales waiting. There's something like a wooden walkway that ends about 20 m. I will walk there and be closer to the whales. It feels as if they are there to pick me up and take me home. I'm part of them. I will lower myself into the ocean and feel being with those who know and understand. Home. Then we'll swim together and all is well.

Whales songs make me cry. They touch the very core of my soul. So does exploring images of galaxies and the universe, nebulae. I have the theory that both, whales and the universe, are history, there's a connection with the very beginning of all.

Seriously, so this is not connected to any bad feelings at all, I am comforted by knowing that this life is going to end eventually. There will be no more pain. It's only one lifetime, not forever. It truly comforts me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back