• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

What Images, Memories, Or Thoughts Bring You Comfort?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sitting with my cat who was having her kittens. It is a warm feeling. I loved having kittens. Finding homes for them was a different story. But it was lovely having them.

Almost any thought or memory about my mom brings me comfort. She and I were very close. We talked on the phone most days until she was in her final days and I guess was not up to it. She told me one time that I was her favorite. I told her that she was my favorite parent in response.

I think the most comforting of all these is having me sitting in her lap while she rocked in her rocking chair. It is not much more than a vague memory of mine, even though there is a photo of us this way. In that photo I am maybe 4 yrs old or so. I imagine she rocked me that way from birth on, but I don't remember how old I was when she stopped this. I think maybe 6 or so, but I' not sure.

Having cozy evenings with my husband. I just love them. I just love my husband so much.

An image of an old doll I had. I think she was given to us and I remember she was missing a leg. But she was, at the time, the coolest baby doll I had. The one I remember before her was stiff, she was not. By the time I got a nice brand new baby doll, I was 10 and growing out of dolls. Though I appreciated the new one, it is the one without the leg that I think of fondly.

My daughter so full of mercy and compassion, that she canceled plans to take me to the hospital and to the pharmacy in a strange town to fill the prescription. I love and cherish my daughter. She has a mercy filled heart.

When my husband and I would go rollerblading at the beach and go to the aquarium. So fun and so relaxing, The best part was when we would go to the chicken house at knotts berry farm for dinner.

Memories of fishing with my father as a boy, playing in the swimming pool with my sister when we were children, and creating art with my mother when I was young. Images and sounds of nature. The belief that, we never truly die... our energy simply changes form and continues to exist. Thoughts of a loving creator. These things bring me peace and comfort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back