1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

What is Something Good You Did Today?

Discussion in 'Social' started by permban0077, Sep 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

This was KimG's idea. Look at is as a morale booster. I think it is a great idea as the ugly beast depression is sucking me in again hard core right now and would be of great help to me. I hope all of you join in and keep this up!

Let's try to post at least one thing positive or good we did today even if it may seem trivial to you or even those around you. We know all to well how sometimes the littlest things can be overwhelming. Leave out any down talk about ourself, just the positives, no buts or ifs sneaking in, if you find yourself doing that hit the delete and start over. That way when we feel like nothing at all is being done and we feel like we are just spinning our wheels we can go back and look at what good is continuing no matter how crappy things may seem.

I will go first and *avoid* the "it was just", "but if I had", "I should have", and no "all I did". No negatives. Just positive.

Last night I made sandwiches. My husband did not have to cook dinner after a long day at work. I put mayo, guacamole, broccoli sprouts, turkey, tomatoes, lighty sprinkled with bacon crumbles and cheese on croissants. Gave them strawberries on the side.

My boys think anything that isn't deep fried, covered in chocolate, or had a pulse at some point will poison them. They were very turned off to say the least. But after they tried them (after minor threats) they actually ate them and the shocker was they said it was good! I got a bath and brushed my teeth. I told my husband I loved him.

I cooked my daughter breakfast after taking kids to school this AM.

Me Myself and I and a3a2 like this.
  2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. Nam

Nam I'm a VIP

Veiled, This is a great idea. This one could be a long thread when it gets going!

I made a little asian style purse for a four year old girl yesterday.
    It turned out really well and now my two daughters want one.

Attached Files:

4. wildfirewildone

wildfirewildone Well-Known Member

I'll be doing it!!!!

On my way back into town today I stopped by the Chamber of Commerce....I got lots of info for around here!!!! The first thing I went looking for was the Pottery Co-op....I asked at the CofC where I could find that....dude there looked it up on his computer & made a phone call....then I went on the hunt!! It was relatively easy to find!!! I went in and talked to a lady there....Looks GOOD!!!! It will cost me $30 per semester [approx. 3 months] and So I will join next week!!!! I can hardly wait to CREATE!!!! :biggrin: :clap: There's supper Mon-Fri at the church next door...I will go tonight as I can't find my can opener!!! Or the pots or pans...So many boxes to unpack!!! ....wildfirewildone....CREATING THE PEACE AND KEEPING IT

5. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

I did not do this to my teen...:fight: even though she is sooooo begging for it. Won't go into details as this is a positive reflection place. The good positive is she has not been kicked in the back side.

I COOKED a real home made supper for the first time in what feels like forever. Chicken fried steak w/ gravy, biscuits, mashed potatoes, and green peas.

My husband said I seemed a lot better today than usual, not so in the dumps, and seemed very happy with my attitude, his meal, and left overs for his lunch.

I went out this evening and spent time with my birds alone, I don't do it often anymore so it was a big deal. I was watching and enjoying my geese and seeing my ducks change with the molt and playing in the water. Relaxing. My guineas came running for me for a change! I had my turkeys which are getting so big sneak up behind me and one of the Toms has got his gobble gobble noise down now. They are so big but so sweet. It cracked me up as he was courting me showing off!

My evening was overall very pleasant, and I think I will be able to curl up in bed and sleep, it feels good to feel tired and in a way like I can sleep! Pleasant dreams guys! I think doing this is helping me some already. Thanks for suggesting this KimG!

6. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

I cooked dinner for all.

I looked after bub all day.

I installed the online chat system today and got it working (I think), which I am pretty chuffed at considering I have never touched a Macromedia Flash application in all my time online, yet today I installed one, hooked it up to a FMS server, install the applications, modified them and got it running... primarily commonsense I think got me through it.

Oh... I'm in agreeance, this is going to be like YA's "hows your day been, each day is different" thread. Piss cutter....

7. jods

jods Well-Known Member

Nam, loved the purse. If I didnt live so far away I'd put in an order for one too!
    My good thing for today was seeing my hubbys face when he came out of his doc appt. I gave him a Starry Night ,Van Gogh framed print as an early wedding anniversary present (He has wanted one since he was a kid). It was so wonderful to see him smile!

8. Kells

Kells Active Member

I finally broke down and decided to call the local VA hospital to see about some PTSD help.... Their phone system was down! HAHA! Just my luck! LOL
    I'll try again tomorrow

9. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Good stuff Kells... I can just never figure out why we always need to break before we seek help... better now than never though, great stuff.

10. permban0008

permban0008 Policy Enforcement Banned

I cleaned out my stuff at work......so I don't have to go back. Oh and Nam, I want of those damn purses!! You are just too clever for words.

11. Kells

Kells Active Member

Great question, Anthony.. For me it was a combination of reasons, I think. One, I am afraid I'll get diagnosed with some huge mental illness, two the medications, three the stigma, four, leaving the house and finally, five...I think I was just kinda hoping it would go away on its own

Now I think I'm to the point of not caring anymore about most of em and just want help before my cheese slides completely off my cracker lol

12. darkskies

darkskies Active Member

"before my cheese slides completely off my cracker" What a great line, thanks for making me smile.

my postive action today- i started writting in a diary when i felt ok and just let the pen write anything that came to me.

(i ususally put off writting until i reach a point where i have explode out!)

13. becvan

becvan Queen of the Blunt! Premium Member

A long time aquiantence always teases me that he is going to divorce me since I don't bring him a coffee, when I have one in my hand, when I go to do business where he works.

So, today, I bought him a coffee! I got the biggest smile ever. That's was fun and uplifting...

Bec

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar