• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

What is your favorite musical artist/band?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keen

MyPTSD Pro
Hi all,

I'm a big music lover, and am always interested in hearing what musical artists other people like and about bands I'm not as familiar with so I can check them out.

If you want, please list what you believe are the top 3 artists/bands of all time, and also 1 less-well-known artist/band.

Please don't get into debates or arguments! This is just about personal preferences, and is a way to enjoy each other's company and learn something new, not make it a hostile environment!

Best bands/artists (according to me):

1. The Beatles (Classic, catchy, you can't go wrong with The Beatles. "Hey Jude" and "Yesterday" are two of my all-time favorite songs)

2. Bill Joel (Way underrated. Fantastic vocals. Unique lyricist, and I never cease to be amazed at the variety of music he can write: "Downeaster Alexa" vs. "Still Rock n Roll to me" vs. "The Longest Time." Mr. Joel is a total musical genius.)

3. The Cranberries (although my best friend thinks Dolores has a grating, annoying voice, I feel like she is one of the best vocalists of all time! Their music is catchy and interesting, and they're just awesome! I recommend the songs "Dreaming My Dream," "Stars," and "Analyse.")

Great less-well-known artist:

-Jess Penner (Cheerful, upbeat songs that make you feel happy and good about life. I recommend "Blue Bird" and "Growing in the Cold".)

I like too many. Will have to get back to ya.

Funny you mentioned Delores. I chopped off my hair and bleached it two years ago. The cover of No Need To Argue was my inspiration.

am always interested in hearing what musical artists other people like and about bands

Gonna check “Blue Bird“ and “Growing in the cold“.

Some singers I have always been listening to:

Billie Holiday, Dinah washington, Etta james, marvin Gaye, Otis Redding, Nina simone, Woodie Guthrie, betty Davis (The singer), Ray charles,

Billie Holiday, Dinah washington, Etta james, marvin Gaye, Otis Redding, Nina simone, Woodie Guthrie, betty Davis (The singer), Ray charles

I've only heard of a few of these and am not very familiar with their music, the rest are totally new to me--thanks for sharing! I'll check them out!

A lot of the music I've been listening to lately is pretty angry - Five Finger Death

More accessible and much more Canadian - Great Big Sea, The Real McKenzies, The Tragically Hip.

And for something really different - The Wicked Tinkers :) How could anyone go wrong with bagpipes and didgeridoo?

3. The Cranberries (although my best friend thinks Dolores has a grating, annoying voice, I feel like she is one of the best vocalists of all time! Their music is catchy and interesting, and they're just awesome! I recommend the songs "Dreaming My Dream," "Stars," and "Analyse.")

Zombie..( what's in your head , in your head - Zombie -eh. ou,ya)

I really have so many favorite bands ( old and new)

Hmmm....A friend years and years ago referred to me as "the eternal teenager" due to my relationship with music. What is a "best band" has so much to do with individual preference, time and place etc, but here I go:
REM
Sleater Kinney
Bikini Kill (yes, I was a little riot girrrl)
Billie Holiday

Also I love Dirty Three- Horse Stories, Ocean Songs (instrumental band from australia). Apologies, I think I've not played this game properly!

I loved the Cranberries 20 odd years ago :)

I can't get it down to just 3 .....:shy:

Green Day
R.E.M.
The Clash
Metallica
Nirvana
Fleetwood Mac
Abba
The Beatles
Ozzy Osbourne
Madonna

I can't think of a less well known one....

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back