• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Poll What Is Your Worst Symptom?

What Is Your Worst Symptom?

• anger, depression

Votes: 41 13.9%
  • dissociation, depersonalization, avoidance

Votes: 54 18.4%
  • flashbacks, intrusive memories

Votes: 37 12.6%
  • hypervigilance, exaggerated startle response

Votes: 27 9.2%
  • nightmares, insomnia, sleep disturbances

Votes: 36 12.2%
  • negative or distorted thinking, low self-esteem

Votes: 35 11.9%
  • anxiety, panic, agoraphobia

Votes: 52 17.7%
  • another symptom not mentioned

Votes: 12 4.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you choose just one??? At the moment, it's my sleep or lack of it. I'm also really depressed so I don't know which is causing which but I feel if I can get a good sleep cycle then the depression might let up a bit.... or is it visa versa? I don't know anymore cause I don't sleep enough, lol.

Another symptom not mentioned: Muscle spasms. Tic. Occasionally accompanied by sounds like "AH!" or "UH!"
Annoying and embarrassing. I hate the kind of attention it gets me.

Today I was walking on the street behind a woman, when I suddenly produced a loud "UHN!"
I believe she thought I was an overexcited pervert.
Much to my surprise I thought it was sorta funny and it made me smile. :-)

I have the other symptoms too but the spasms are definitely the most disruptive.
If only because they prevent me from working.

How do you choose just one???

Noises

Doors slamming
Glass Breaking
Dog Barking
Shouting
Angry voices
Banging
=
Instant Exacerbation=I wanna hurt something.

What bugs me more than anything right now....

I've taken to scratching my head the last year. ARRRRRRRRRgh! Words cannot express my annoyance at myself. How many beanie caps can a gurl wear? I had dandruff before...but now this is just wrong....

***harumphs off with towel on her head....

;-)

I agree that it's hard to choose just one symptom, but right now I'm struggling with lack of sleep and being terrified of the dark, so that's what I choose today.

I also really dislike any type of dissociation I get. I also dislike not feeling connected to other people. Like I'm completely different from them.

I chose sleep issues because it tends to lead to my worst panic attacks, anxiety and dissociation. When I hit a rough patch, in terms of nightmares/disrupted sleep/insomnia, my coping skills tend to fly out the window. It really blows.

It is very hard to choose just one, I have 'em all. But, currently disassociation it the hardest to live with.

Emma

I really don't want to hate all men, but at this point I keep having negative experience after negative experience. Seems they are all pigs.
I'm no pig TLight.

I also happen to know several people who aren't pigs either.

Some day soon you'll run into one of those/us and be pleasantly surprised.

I hope this helps.

Tough poll. I chose anger/depression. Can't do anything without the feeling of wanting to rip someone's head off. Or mine. Struggle daily with suicidal thoughts. Just looking at a total stranger can put me into a real dark spell. No patience with anyone. Try very hard with wife and kids. Able seperate them from the world. everyone and everything else I can hate but they are kinda like protected.

what is worse for me are my nightmares/scenes in my head. Sometimes they get stuck in my head and I can't get them out.

This was a hard choice. I chose anxiety, that aweful filling in the pit of my stomache. Not even sure why most of the time, just begin to realize my heart is beating and I feel like I'm going to throw up and I want to cry. Not sure if it's the worst. Maybe tomorrow, I would chose a different one depending on how I'm feeling. Made me think though.

It's hard for me to pick a "worst" since they all suck. The dissociation I think freaks me out the most.... and the worse I'm dissociation during a particularly difficult time, the harder things feel for me, and I tend to go back to the agoraphobic coping patterns pretty quickly, which really suck since then I can't work or hang out with friends or do much of anything at all.... and from there it's just this downward spiral where all the symptoms get worse and worse.

e good friend to me trapped, thankyou for everything, all the support and friendship and for just being here with me the lasttwo days, you helped me to cope through some of my worst and bad moments here. I thank that oyu cared enough ... I really appreciate you being here and just want to encourage youalso it seems rough somedays are really much worse than others, it is managingexposurelearningtherapy and I am so very emdred to you thankyou honest, I am looking crazzy again now arent I? yeah I think a rest for me... Im sorry if I am playing havoc or anything I am tired after the last few months now and it is getting better and somehow wotrse to read and for this I am sorry also hugs!*

I am the same difficult to think on what the worst one is out of the list I would say all are pretty much the same and ican feel myself getting anxious a bit thinking of having to pick and even sying any of this is a difficulty also,,, the words are all over the place right now again and IM sorry too for thisProbelms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back