• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Poll What Is Your Worst Symptom?

What Is Your Worst Symptom?

• anger, depression

Votes: 41 13.9%
  • dissociation, depersonalization, avoidance

Votes: 54 18.4%
  • flashbacks, intrusive memories

Votes: 37 12.6%
  • hypervigilance, exaggerated startle response

Votes: 27 9.2%
  • nightmares, insomnia, sleep disturbances

Votes: 36 12.2%
  • negative or distorted thinking, low self-esteem

Votes: 35 11.9%
  • anxiety, panic, agoraphobia

Votes: 52 17.7%
  • another symptom not mentioned

Votes: 12 4.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I chose "anger/depression" because the rage that I often feel is truly frightening-I worry that, one day, I won't be able to contain it any longer. But they're all pretty scary-it was hard to pick just one.

Nightmares and Sleep disturbance, Insomnia. When I have nightmares my wife says i am trying to fight someone and she says she some times gets hit by me makes me sick just to think about it and the anger, depression seem to be the hardest on my wife and kids my wife now is to scared to sleep in the bed with me now so she sacks out in the liveing room

sleep problems I understand these also, I have woken myself up rather thananyone else and I am now confined to the sofa at present . [2 years now not so good but I have other reasons for this also]. I did find that someone kept disturbing me during the only hopeful moment I had somehow set aside for even thinking I might or about sleep, that problem has since gone quiet and so I have no wish to unlock some other rawer emotions again, certainly not ever sleep deprived again like that, I am facing difficulties even now and I am alone in trying to defend myself against what was and still is a difficult problem for me,

[in some respect I really understand 2a6x5]. ~

Nowadays it is the brain clench, compartmentalization. And numbness. It creeps in unless I constantly "check in" and try to feel my feelings. Pain in the ass.

-D

Hypervigilance, dissociation, anger. [combo. not listed above] They all come together [dissociative flashbacks].

For me-depression, anxiety, withdrawal from society and rage/anger I would all put as the same severity as my worst symptoms

I do still suffer from panic flashbacks, nightmares etc, but Im beginning to get a much tighter control on them now

I chose flashbacks and intrusive memories. These are usually what trigger my other symptoms. I did notice that i do have the majority of the symptoms listed.

My husbands worst symptom right now is agoraphobia.

I am trying to teach him how to use an imaginary protective bubble around our home, that in time can be stretched to reach the boundary's of our garden.

Then when he is confident with that, how to take part of that bubble with him whenever he goes out.

Not sure how long it will take but it is possible to do with practice.

Amethist

I've taken my turn on all of them, or them on me rather. I would say it started out anger and depression, then insomnia, then hypervigelance, then very low self-esteem and anxiety. The anxiety I'm doing somewhat better with, but the negative self view is stubborn as hell. I think it's because it's been with me my entire life to some degree or another. Good question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back