• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Poll What Is Your Worst Symptom?

What Is Your Worst Symptom?

• anger, depression

Votes: 41 13.9%
  • dissociation, depersonalization, avoidance

Votes: 54 18.4%
  • flashbacks, intrusive memories

Votes: 37 12.6%
  • hypervigilance, exaggerated startle response

Votes: 27 9.2%
  • nightmares, insomnia, sleep disturbances

Votes: 36 12.2%
  • negative or distorted thinking, low self-esteem

Votes: 35 11.9%
  • anxiety, panic, agoraphobia

Votes: 52 17.7%
  • another symptom not mentioned

Votes: 12 4.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I chose anxiety because it was the anxiety that was keeping me from sleeping at all- nightmares etc. My T would probably say the depression with the suicidal ideation.

At the moment I vote anxiety and panic as it's that which affects mr from doing things, the constant feeling trapped feeling and constant worry and thoughts and sense dread that make me want to run. The negative intrusive thoughts and depression are bad to but I find usually the agitated anxiety over rides for me.

I am very jumpy and hypervigilant. Sometimes I start shaking when I get anxious which can be embarressing.

The good thing about hypervigilance is being able to catch items that fall off tables very quickly. Also I stopped my son running in front of a bus. The arm went out and grabbed him back really quickly. I saw the bus, saw him and did not think just acted. He saw the floating lights on the top of the bus, he was small did not realise the danger, my partner and my mother froze with fear. He cried as I grabbed him pretty hard but he was alive. Was amazing how you don't think, your brain just reacts.

Also once an ash tray fell from a table, I reached out and my friend reached out and we caught it together! Was bizarre but a nice experience.

I try and see the positive from the negative, it is how I cope. The changes that happen are for survival after all :)

My opinion has changed in the last week or so I would now say the depression is worse than original anxiety. The depression is crippling and affecting me on a bigger level than the anxiety which is decreasing with medication but with that comes this awful darkness maybe the Meds are wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back