• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

What Made You Angry Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coming home and finding that my husband left the back gate latched but not locked, and the side gate wide open (he was distracted because he had a flat tire this morning...) - thankfully both dogs (one stayed in today) were still in the yard... but if they would have pushed the gate they would have been long gone and at risk to be hit in traffic.

Trying to say, it's okay... nothing happened... and calm down before he comes home. It scared me first, then made me angry really. I thought someone had been in the yard.

I think that where I live is a trigger for my anger and feelings of paranoia. I am American and married to someone from the UK. We are currently visiting the US for a couple of weeks and my negative attitude has melted away and I feel safe for the first time in months.

I was hurt by people who are part of the establishment there and suffer from feelings of cynicism and persecution. They will never be punished for what they did to me, and have the capability to continue hurting me if I cause trouble for them. The sense of injustice that I have about this is always simmering just under the surface, and occasionally it really flares up.

When I am back in the UK I feel isolated, helpless and paranoid a lot. There is a big cultural difference between the two countries, and while there are many things that I really like about living there, it will never be my "home". My husband earns the money, so that is where we are settled for the forseeable future, so I am going to have to find a way to make peace with what happened to me, and learn how to live as well as I can. It's hard when I have a taste of how much better I feel back at home though:(.

^that sucks. I wish you could stay home :(
I'm mad at some mistakes I've made. Why were there so many times when I was so stupid? I'm mad that as a result of choices I've made I can't seem to have positive self-image.

My dog made me angry. I came back into the house to grab something and realized I had forgotten to put the dog in the room before I left. She had gotten into the trash and spread it out over the floor. It didn't last long though, I have been getting a lot better with my anger lately, acknowledging it, expressing it without escalating.

Sunday I texted incredibly nasty messages to the ex-bf in retaliation to his nasty messages. Among other things, I told him he lacked empathy and would never make a successful nurse. He's an abusive jerk, but I feel bad because everyone has a right to dream.

The past two days I've been angry about this recent PTSD diagnosis. And I get angrier because my head is really fuzzy lately, so when I try to read and understand about PTSD, I just feel stupid. I'm not normally stupid.

The indifference of my husband, is infuriating me. He literally ignores me, doesn't care if he ever touches me, and happily sleeps on the sofa without complaint, simply to avoid me at night. I am so tired of feeling like the invisible woman inside my own home.

I guess I made myself angry tonight. The fact that I don't have a job anymore and am not sure if I can even hold down a job has really started to make me feel worthless. I got angry at myself and then depressed. I feel like if I'm unable to provide for myself and Amanda that I am worth nothing. Amanda works and I can feel her resentment sometimes. I want to thank 'Sea' for helping me see that I have to find my worth in other ways, that I am not a worthless person.

I got angry because my husband thinks that saving, planning and going on vacation will help us with sexual intimacy. The anger was after a fear response, because my last two vacations with him preceeded major deception on his part. I wanted to throw up. I'm feeling better today.

I am American and married to someone from the UK.
I understand your feelings about the UK. I'm English and live in a very quiet village but the people are not very friendly. We can't afford to move and I feel 'trapped.' There seems to be a general depression over the UK and I feel oppressed.

My anger at the moment is mostly at so called friends who have, accused me of doing things that I wouldn't in a million years even consider doing. When I stood up for myself they deserted me and now I'm alone with just my husband and sons. I honestly believe that even though I have PTSD they are more emotionally screwed up than me!

I work at a nursing home on night shift, so we have to get up at least 5 people every morning, and the day shifters get up the rest of the residents...I got up 6 this morning, leaving only 3 to be gotten up by "L" the day shift aide for my hall...and she literally yelled at me and started slamming things around the nurse's station because I did not get up a 7th person. Really!? I understand that it's early in the morning and you're tired...but I don't come into work at 10 at night and start throwing a tantrum because a resident is still up...I do what I get paid to do and don't bitch about it. uggghh!!!!! I don't get mad often either, but being yelled at when I don't deserve it is a trigger for me...and this incident really pissed me off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back