• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

What Made You Angry Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can't afford to move and I feel 'trapped.' "

I'm sorry about that CraftyCath, it doesn't matter where you live, if you don't like it, it can feel like trap:(. I hope that you are able to change your circumstances one day.

"I honestly believe that even though I have PTSD they are more emotionally screwed up than me!

I TOTALLY agree with you on that one! The funny thing is that once you admit you have a problem and get help for it, you can be stigmatised for it. It is really messed up that people who try to help themselves are discriminated against, while so called normal people continue on poisoning the well unchecked. And that somehow they are "stronger" people for getting through their problems without assistance.

A great example of this is people who outlive their family and friends because they have literally sucked all the life out of them!

Thanks Eat!

In the UK Americans are often made fun of for being 'in therapy' and Brits are looked upon as being 'eccentric' or just plain mad if we seek help. But if we face our problems and overcome them, we grow as a person, become a 'real' person filled with empathy and compassion. So who is the weaker? (rhetorical question I think).

I'm angry a lot lately, for really strange reasons. Today I walked into a bagel shop. The attendant asked me if I knew what I wanted. I told her no. Ten seconds later, she asked if I knew what I wanted. I told her no, and I was agitated because I thought it was obvious that I was reading the menu. Ten seconds later, she asked if I was ready yet, and I was ready to shove a bagel down her throat to shut her up, because I thought she was being too pushy and I wanted her to leave me the f*#k alone. I told her no, and she started making recommendations. I was ready to just start screaming at her, but instead I ordered an overpriced sandwich that I didn't really want, cringed inwardly as she repeatedly asked if I wanted a drink with my order, and left.

I have no idea what the source of my anger is lately. The rational bit in my head is completely aware that my emotional reactions are completely disproportionate to what I'm being dealt. And some days are worse than others, although lately most days are pretty bad. Today as soon as I left the house I had this really disconnected, dazed feeling as I was driving down the road. It's like I don't even know who I am anymore.

Someone saying something insulting and hurtful regarding me, not to me, but in direct ear shot of me to the person that I was speaking with and while I was speaking with him; This sh't game made me angry. :mad:

I wish it was today because then I'd likely be over it by now, but unfortunately it was just a few hrs. ago and I'm still hurt, upset about this and wired.

I sometimes feel wired when I'm angry; Strange but true.

One of the elders at my church trying to make me feel bad for a decision I have made. I made a decision to relieve myself from stress that I do not need. However, he continues to try to impose his opinions about what he thinks I should do in my life. He is not my father, he is not my mother, and he certainly is not God Almighty. I want to be left alone. He needs to focus on his own life, and stop acting like he is the pilot of mine.I am sick to death of being pestered by this individual.

... I keep getting angry over things that happen in the past....blegh whether it's 15 years ago or yesterday, I'm pissed as hell at everything. I feel like a prisoner to my anger. and I'm angry about that, too.

Reactions: Kb3
Reading a forum written by anaesthetists who slagged off the horror film "awake" about anaesthetic awareness and complained that it would cause their patients to become hysterical and ask too many questions before their surgeries. It looked like a couple of them even slagged off Carol Weirher who has put together a campaign making the public aware of A/A.

Suing these motherf*ckers when they leave us awake and paralyzed during a GA is too good for them. What they need to have happen is a session with the affected patient in which they can be rhythmically and slowly kicked to death. Just as they start slipping away, we can lean over them, tell them it's not so bad and to stop complaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back