• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

What Made You Happy Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayasha

MyPTSD Pro
I didn't see another thread like this and I know it helps me sometimes to think about or share a happy story or thought with others.

Even if you've had a bad day and you feel like nothing has made you happy, look through this and maybe you'll find something that makes you smile.

And the event didn't have to occur today, if the memory of it made you happy today then that counts! This thread is really all about reminding ourselves about the good we have in our lives no matter how big or small they are. :hug:

Okay, I'm starting for me:

Something that made me happy today was going out to buy a book to read to my nieces and nephews. I am so excited to trip over Dr. Seuss's rhymes, no matter how embarrassing it might be. It'll just make it more fun for the kids and I.

The other day I took my son to Shriners hospital for the first time. He had been diagnosed with Cerebral Palsy at age 16, because of his rapidly deforming feet. Shriners treated us like royalty. They are running lots of tests, and promised to not stop until they had an answer! I am so relieved!

So after putting up my first post, I honestly had a rather bad day (family problems that ended in my current bad mood) BUT I challenged myself and I found another happy thought:

My ASL flashcards got shipped!! I'm so excited to learn new signs.

Wow, doing that just made my headache go away a little. Another happy thought, haha.

Thanks for this post Ayasha! It is very important to look at positive things in our lives and keep dxposing ourselves to the negative.

Today I dogsat so that my friend could enjoy a night out with her hubby.

Also, after struggling over an email for several hours (anxiety kicking in), I was able to get focused and keep my negative emotions out of it and churned out a positive, healthy response! Phew!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back