• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

What Made You Happy Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being the requested space my 10 yr. old pal and his pup wish to spend this evening/night with while his mom partakes in some other festivities.

He said he'd rather chill out with me and the hubby, eat yummy vegan recipes (he and his mom practice a similar lifestyle), and wrap up in some warmth until people are done partying and stuff. lol My kind of scene, for sure.

That makes my heart smile. I don't remember having any adults in my life that I felt eager and comfortable enough to want to visit and stay overnight with as a child. Grateful to be that sacred and safe space for another.

Remembering a scene at the cat cafe.

There's this 9 years old cat who have adopted all 4 kittens. At the time this took place the 2 younger ones hadn't moved in yet, and the 2 kittens they had are siblings.

I was playing with one of them at a cat tree when he jumped down and landed right in front of the cat. The cat stopped in his tracks, but the kitten didn't move, so he walked around him. The kitten kept trying to stand in front of the cat and the cat kept walking around him. They made their way through the room like this and by the time they got to the bed everyone was watching.

The kitten tried climbing in front of the cat, but the cat clearly wanted to go to sleep. The kitten took the hint and jumped up at a scratching board next to me. Then I figured it out. The cat he had been following around is the one who usually grooms the kittens. He wanted to be groomed more than he wanted to play.

I got it confirmed when I stretched out my hand to pet him and he lifted his head up to make contact faster. He looked so happy that someone had figured out what he wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back