• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

What Moved You Emotionally Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am moved by the aroma of spring in the air. I saw a couple dandelions too!

I was also moved to some kind of negative emotion by someone asking me for money so they could buy a car. I don't have the money to buy myself one, so why I would I donate to help someone else one! I was kind of disgusted by this. I felt it was some kind of audacity.

Day 19, finding a poem I wrote a few years ago, written when my dad was first displaying obvious symptoms of dementia. Moved to sadness, grief, which swiftly turned into anger, not in a nice way. Not a positive emotion today. Still dealing with it.

I must admit I usually try to avoid this thread because I don't like thinking about being moved emotionally because when I'm moved emotionally then I'm usually vulnerable and I feel as though if and when I'm vulnerable then I can't be as effective as a person. But anyway what moved me emotionally today and usually moves me emotionally is when I discover a truth about how I really feel, usually something that I sort of know exists but try to lie to myself and pretend that it's something else instead of the real issue. But when I can't lie and pretend that it's something else. Realizing the truth moves me emotionally.

Day 19

I had submitted a list of questions through an E-mail for my son and I to discuss over time. Things I have learned from the board concerning meditation & breathing, laughter, human being verses human doing, where is his safe happy place inside during panic, how is his somatic therapy doing, love in marriage, ect.

Today we shared again and I felt at peace & in joy. He invited me to see him and my DIL in Spring for a week as they live across country. My partner agreed to assist with the fare.

I felt blessed to know, I will hug them soon. So rare & precious are my moments of hearts sharing love in real time face to face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back