• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

What Music / Song Do You Listen To When PTSD Is In Full Effect?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry Nobody but we do not delete posts when requested. Deleted posts are only if they are inappropriate or doubled.

I see no negativity here. Everyone has different tastes and different styles that help them in different moods. If your looking for happy happy joy joy all the time, your not going to find it.

bec

As you requested in the post I had to delete Nobody you are banned.

When I'm raging or feeling the injustice of the world,

I listen to the Charlie Daniel's Band. In specific, I listen to Simple Man, and A Few More Rednecks. I also listen to Toby Keith and Willie Nelson, Beer for my Horses.

Just thought I'd share that.

bec

Ohh and I listen to Jonny Cash, Hurt when I'm feeling very sad or overwhelmed.

im learning guitar...when im depressed and down...which is always,i close my eyes and play the blues...suprising how well i can play blues when im down...its the most comforting feeling and sometimes i can raise a smile...

my songs

"Before He Cheats" country song that makes my violent side really come out.

"Little Miss Can't Be Wrong"
was written for me.

"Walk Away" the one written by that girl on American Idol.

When I'm feeling the worse of my PTSD, like a consistent depressed mood or extreme anger, I listen to Pink Floid, Led Zeplin, Metalica, or techno. Its somehow cathartic.

Anything by the Counting Crows. I'm so glad work plays a load of their songs on the store-stereo thing.

I recently got into the song "Never Too Late" by Three Days Grace. The music video to that song seems hauntingly familiar to my childhood. (although I was not sexually abused as a child, I can relate to other aspects of the video.) And in my mind, I kind of create my own video to the song with my own characters...

I'm really looking forward to getting the Transformers Musical Score in October. I do fancy musical scores from movies. But that one really mellowed me out in the theater. And I hope that keeping some of the songs on loop when I'm really down and out.. will help calm me down.

When I'm full-on in it, I listen to Joy Division (in general) or The Holy Bible by Manic Street Preachers. Anything emotionally intense.

I let the strength of the artist's emotional expression substitute momentarily for mine. By listening to it, I give myself permission that I normally wouldn't give myself to feel. My emotions are intense, and I'm fighting youthful conditioning and my own fear to experience them.

Make sense?

I hadn't been listening to music for a long time lately i like to listen to talking heads,andrea bocelli canto della terra,ac/dc,neil young heart of gold,Dj Tiesto adagio for strings and scorpions winds of change.started to have radio on in my room too don't always notice it but tis good sometimes i listen to planet rock right now i like chill radio but can't get signal at the moment.i like Enigma too

Finzi's Ecologue in C, Jill's theme from Once Upon a Time in the West, and Glide by Peter Davison.

jkd

this is a very cool thread. for a long time ive gone to sleep listening to heavy music and just thought i was weird. nice to know im not the only one. here are some that i love to listen to when my ptsd is kicking hard.

ac/dc- makes me feel happy and energetic

van halen-same reason as ac/dc but also makes me concentrate on what ed is playing, so i dont forcus on negative thoughts.

pantera-it will bring me out of depression sometimes and it makes me feel strong.

rage against the machine-they just kick ass, what can i say.

danny elfman-composed the scores for almost all of tim burtons movies. the edward scissorhands score is amazing and really moves me. its great for sleeping as it is very whimsical sounding.

damiera-this is a new band and i suggest everyone check them out. they will blow your mind in a good way. very energetic music.

nirvana-talk about music for ptsd. i think nirvana is incredibly important because so many people could connect to what kurt was singing about. not everyones life is happy all of the time and its nice to know that your not alone and that its ok.

i would also like to say that i dont consider any of this music negative. just because a song is about something negative doesnt mean that people arent connecting or relating in a positive way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back