• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Poll What Position Do You Sleep In?

What Position Do You Sleep In?

• Foetus

Votes: 68 42.2%
  • Log

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • Yearner

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Soldier

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • Freefall

Votes: 26 16.1%
  • Starfish

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Other (I don't know, I do more than one, or I sleep differently under different circumstances, etc.)

Votes: 45 28.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I sleep in what's called the 'Warrior' position - sleeping on your side, with both arms out front and bent so that hands sort of in front of face, and one leg straight and one leg bent... it is apparently called the Warrior because you are ready to go into battle at any moment.

Other.

On back, legs straight crossed at the ankles, arms crossed over chest with hands clasped or against collarbones. Supremely comfortable. Best way to fall asleep, for me.

I constantly shift positions. It depends on stress levels, how bad the nightmares are, where the dog is or isn't and what part of my back is throbbing that night.

Usually my bed is ripped apart by morning.

bec

I start out in the foetal position, and wake up that way. My wife tells me that I am an extremely violent sleeper, and have punched, kicked and elbowed the poor woman in my sleep.

I'm always foetal. The only thing that varies is which side, depends on whether I'm massively hyprvigilant or not.

I always sleep in foetus or freefall. When I feel better then freefall, once my condition worsen then foetus. Recently more foetus.

I start with the freefall and end up as a log on the very edge of my bed as far away from my hubby as I could possibly get without falling out of bed...always makes me feel bad that subconciouslyly I feel the need to move away from him.

mostly on my right side, my head on my wife's left breast, lips just touching her nipple is my happy place. Or stretched out as fas as I can on my left side. I have to sleep with my head somewhat elevated so the ICP (intercranial pressure) doesn't get too high or my seizures come back a lot and sleeping is just not an option.

I went with foetal, but really - I spend most of my sleeping hours sleepwalking and getting up and down and flipping around (so I'm told). I fall alseep curled up however.

Sleep Position

I sleep, when I manage to, on my side with a pillow braced against my lower back and another one between my bent legs.

I have been told I never move while sleeping. If I want to turn over I have to wake up and start the process over.

Linda

I sleep on my back a lot. I fall asleep on my back and my legs kinda spread out. Or sometimes I'll turn onto one side or the other, depending on which side of my neck has a pinched nerve in it at the time.

Sleeping on my back has helped a ton with my back problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back