• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Poll What Position Do You Sleep In?

What Position Do You Sleep In?

• Foetus

Votes: 68 42.2%
  • Log

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • Yearner

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Soldier

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • Freefall

Votes: 26 16.1%
  • Starfish

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Other (I don't know, I do more than one, or I sleep differently under different circumstances, etc.)

Votes: 45 28.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I must say, that I reached a point in reading how everyone else sleeps when I realized that I'm going to need to check the 'Other' choice as I sleep in more then one position.

Also, I reached a point in reading this thread that I was chuckling and LMAO. You'all are too funny.

Anyhow chiefly I've fallen asleep in the soldier position and wake up in the Freefall position. However, I'd prefer if only I could ever fall asleep in the Freefall position and then wake up in the soldier position, but I try and with no success.

Could never begin to sleep in the foetus, log, or yearner positions.

There are those many of nights though that I've fallen asleep in the soldier position and awoken just the same way.

On distressful and distraught evenings I just don't sleep until I collapse luckily in the soldier position and then sleep through the night in warrior position.

Lately though, I've been experiencing sleeping in the starfish position with Ipod in place.

I put that I'm a soldier but I'm not I'm a freefall as I feel safe with my hand/hands round my pillow.
I thought a soldier would be laying on your front with one leg straight and the other bent like your crawling.

I sleep freefall. My face facing left. My right arm hugging the pillow and my left arm up then bent at the elbow down and my hand down around my chest area. It looks very uncomfortable but it feels very comfortable to me. My husband says it's painful to watch me sleep because I look like a pretzel. LOL

I mostly sleep curled up on my side, blanket over my head. When I'm having a happy streak and am feeling safe and relaxed, I sleep on my back, one or both arms layed across my eyes.

I still toss and turn a lot... but I'm not clenching my fists til they're numb or clenching my teeth as much... honestly I don't know how my husband puts up with it... I'm a side sleeper semi fetal.

Foetus...I think I only use a third of the length of my bed. Always having 4-5 pillows so I'm almost sitting to. Been like that since I was a kid. I also always wake up when to turn around.

I also use to wake up sleeping in foetus down by my boyfriends legs, klinging to his calf as for protection and comfort.

Foetal - with arms crossed around chest, or on my stomach with arms clenched under chest. I constantly/consistantly wake with numb/tingly hands (lack of blood circulation). T suggested hugging a pillow...weird but it has really helped. I can't sleep on my back because I jerk awake. Also need many covers.

Foetal - with arms crossed around chest, or on my stomach with arms clenched under chest. I constantly/consistantly wake with numb/tingly hands (lack of blood circulation). T suggested hugging a pillow...weird but it has really helped. I can't sleep on my back because I jerk awake. Also need many covers.

Yes I got Carpal tunnel syndrome from it in my left hand. Hugging a pillow helps...so I use to do that. It kind of feels like sleeping with a teddy to :Dsoothing.

Coming into this a little late-

I generally sleep in a fetal position but have been through a couple variations since I began to experience PTSD symptoms early this year. At first I became terrified of sleeping on the door side of our bed, and my lower back felt extremely vulnerable unless I had something against it.

My wife and I switched sides and I began to sleep with a stuffed animal. It helped but sometimes I had to sleep on my back to relieve the sense of vulnerability.

After a few months this progressed to a distinct body memory along the left side of my neck and head. The only way I can relieve this sense of vulnerability is by completely covering myself with the blanket (nose sticking out).

The memory of my trauma remains suppressed but I realized a week or so ago that I slept with the covers over my head for years when I was a child.

I sleep in either something like a mix of the recovery position and the prone firing position or glommed on to my wife like a killer squid.

Reactions: KBE
I marked soldier. I was told I look like a rock, with my arms at my side and my face straight up at the ceiling. I can't move at all without waking up with a raging migraine. Have to also pull my shirt away from my neck or I have vivid nightmares about being strangled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back