• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

What Should I Put On Medical Id Bracelet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

deleted

Not Active
Some of you might have read the events that took place earlier today. The paramedics suggested I get a Medical ID bracelet so that people who happen upon me in the middle of a panic attack/episode know who to call and what is going on.

I'm not entirely sure what I should put on there though!
Obviously my name and PTSD and my emergency contact number

There are two more lines and Im not sure what to put! :)
What else should I include?

You don't have to put anything.

My son has several (ahhhh...teenage fashion!). Some simply read Asthma. I think one has his initials (a GF bought it for him who also has a medic alert ID, and you never never never put kids full or real names on things they carry around with them, so they got matching ones with just their initials & conditions. Awwww.). Nearly all of them have his hospitals pulmonary dept. phone # on them + birthday + patient ID #. ((That's staffed 24/7. So in the event that there's an emergency? The paramedics get the hospital first who have his vital info / charts / history / "bring him here" juice / etc. and then I can be tracked down. Much as I might want to be the 1st call, I'd rather be the 2nd!))

So you don't have to fill up all 5 lines. But you can.

In general :
- Who you are // First & Last Name (adult) + Blood Type
- What's probably wrong with you // Medical condition + major symptoms
- NKA or Allergies that will kill you // Well, we no longer have to worry about that ;)
- Personal Phone # & relation (mom, husband, friend) // Who to get in contact with if you're unconscious or obnoxious or dead
- Professional Phone # // Doctor / Therapist

@FridayJones you're replies always make me smile :) And a medical braclet is a fashion thing now?

I agree, name, issue, blood type (i never knew mine until recently but they type you anyway, even in the 'field'), dr's name & #, what hospital if you perfer one, whom to contact 1st, id say at least the hughest level of medications you're on so they dont kill you lol but the hospital always drug test, its just faster, allergies that may kill you if any known, other health conditions they may want to look for etc

I really like the road ID interactive ones. They link to a profile with your information, any documents you want to store, etc. So I have the fact that I'm a service dog handler, and a request not to separate me from my dog on mine, and then the information for the service that they can call/look up to get my emergency contact info. There's a number/website and then a code on the inside of the bracelet plate. That way I don't have to have my name or condition hanging out on my wrist, but it's very quick and easy for someone to look up should the need arise.

My emergency contact also has the pin number to get into that file, which gives her access to my very basic medical info and other emergency contacts/my family member's contact info, living will, care instructions for my service dog, etc. should something ever go far enough wrong that she would need to access any of that information.

It's very handy and provides me a lot of peace of mind. Their customer service has also been amazing. They're designed first for runners/athletes but a lot of people use them as medical alert bracelets and they were very willing to help me sort out what might best meet my needs over the phone. I can't recommend them enough to people who need some form of security but may not fit into the standard categories.

Some of you might have read the events that took place earlier today. The paramedics suggested I get a...
List just your health problems on the bracelet. With the ID you normally carry, list your emergency contact info. The reason being. Because your emergency contact info is too long to list on the bracelet.

Thanks guys! I already purchased it and was pleasantly surprised about how discreet you can get them to be! I was really skeptical at first but my therapist also supported the paramedics thoughts. I really didn't want anything to call attention to the fact that there is something "wrong" with me since the last thing I want to do is broadcast my PTSD to the world but I'm actually ok wearing this bracelet! So I just wanted to share the site with anyone else who might be interested in this kind of thing.

The shop is called Laurens Hope. She has tons and tons of different bracelets that on the outside just look like regular bracelets but have an area that you can flip over to show your Medical ID. I got mine because I can have the medical ID part on the bottom of my wrist where it's even more discreet and it still looks normal. :) (The info in the picture is backwards because I took the picture in photoshop but it has my name, Post Trauamtic Stress, NKA (no known allergies), my ICE number and my PSYCH number).

I hope that helps anyone who might be in need of one of these!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-02-14 at 12.06.22 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-02-14 at 12.06.22 PM.png
    159.5 KB · Views: 480
Last edited by a moderator:
@Katiee_co

Thanks for sharing company name! Some of those are discrete in guy's section. I was looking at medical alert numbers a hospital could call to get medical info., but there were very obvious. So now I can use one of those services with company you found for something more discrete that doesn't announce to world I have health issues. Plus some was waterproof!

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back