• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

What To Do For A Panic/anxiety Atack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowflake

MyPTSD Pro
I saw my therapist this morning and by tonight I left 3 message and dropped off 2 notes. Ugh!

Anxiety filled mess

Are you doing deep breathing? Journal? Exercise? Meditate? What techniques has your therapist suggested to use to handle the anxiety?

I did tapping, too, for a couple months. It did burst open my feelings about one of my traumas. I don't think it's a good thing for panic attacks, though. I think it's more for working through our traumas. For panic attacks, yes, breathing, exercise.

I try to burn myself out physically so I dont let the adrenaline build up. Whatever it takes, sometimes I put on my shoes at 3 am and drive to a safe neighborhood and just walk for hours. Sometimes its rearranging the furniture all over the house for no reason. Its hard. I go into deer in headlights mode when I'm anxious. I can sit and stare out a window for 8 hours without moving, but if I force myself to move around Im always better off. Avoid everything and everybody that might make it worse as much as you can until it gets better.

Sometimes therapists can be so helpful that they unintentionally reinforce thier clients inability to emotionally ground themselves and be autonomous. We survivors have trust and abandonment concerns and when emotional and cognitive disruptions happen and we are used to centering ourselves through another person when we attempty to self regulate and that surrogate is absent we zany struggle with that. Just my opinion. Peace and love to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back