• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

What To Never Say To A Ptsd Sufferer

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I thought you'd be over it by now..it was a very long time ago, it was nine months ago....what is your problem? Is it anger?"

Ok, this was said to me by the leader of my theatre group..I confided in her about the guy who tried to rape me and I went to see her recently because I was concerned about a seminar that we had all been invited to, our group and his group...so I think it's kind of normal to be anxious about seeing him again and no it's not anger. I've told two close friends, they reacted the same way.."She said what?!!" My therapist suggested I don't confide in the woman again..hmm good idea.

My mother... Her exact wording....!!!!!!!!!!

"until you learn not to be triggered by whatever happens to you in life, you will continue to be at the weakest point."

"being triggered and being weak is the same thing."

"being triggered by your own ideas is not a solution"

"nobody can hurt you but yourself"

"Your anger and bad feelings are yours"

"Each person chooses the life they have."

"Blaming others will never bring you peace"

"yes, I believe in abuse. This is abuse. From you to me"

"martyr, marthyr, marthyr, martyrdom, that is your meal ticket, that is your entire life, that is all you going to be, that is forever, martyr"

"i am not playing the role of martyr. never have, never will. I am not guilty. I do not recognize guilt in anyone, not even Bush."

"So, if you want to feel martyrized an guitly about your life, it is on you"

"Nadia, you are abusing yourself now. Please stop."

"Blaming others only prolongs the problem"

"if you feel abuse, it is yours."

"Shouldn't you be over this by now?"

This was said by my ex. Who is to blame for my condition in the first place. I think I should have turned him into a soprano when he said that. As it was, most of what I told him consisted of lots of words that, in a transcript, would be represented by lots of [redacted]-boxes scattered around.

My Gran- about 5 minutes ago. In reference to that poor girl who was killed by her parents for being 'too westernised'. My heart goes out to her brave sister.

Anyway, this is what she said:
"Oh dear, they make your parents look like saints, you should be grateful". What the actual F***?!!!!!

I thought she was beginning to understand- evidently not. :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back