• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

What's one thing you would never change about your life?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The man I married. He passed away in 2005, but he still supports me with widow's benefits and Medicare. I miss him so. He had the best sense of humor, loved to pun, never hardly ever got angry and really was so good to me in too many ways to count.

I have a boyfriend now, and it is just a companionship relationship, nothing more. We hug, but have never even kissed. And that is the way I want it to stay. He is substantially older than I am, so marriage would not be fair to me. I just like his company.

I know what you mean about a companion relationship, my late wife and I were very close, yet we never had a physical relationship in the last few years of her life, due to her illness.

We still had a cuddle, even after I had to move to the spare room, for her last few months, as they needed a hospital style bed, where they could access her from all round the bed. We could still manage a kiss and a cuddle.

I know I will never marry again, or even get involved in a relationship, but there are times when I would like to have a female company, as a companion, if you know what I mean. Apart from that I am getting used to living alone, it was hard going at first, but it takes time, as I think you know already.

I did not think it was possible to find a man willing to have a relationship with a female with no sex. Unless he is gay. I don't think I will ever want an intimate relationship again. Maybe I would be less fearful of men if I could find a man who is safe and have a friendship with no sex. I probably equate sex with std's and rape. Men have affairs and bring std's home to their wives. So I could never trust a man enough to have sex without a condom. And in marriage you should be able to trust. My husband gave me a std shortly before he died. I was so naieve I did not know he had to have given it to me. I was a virgin when we married and completely faithful. The doctor did not say one of us must have had an affair. It was some time after he died before I figured it out. And then I wished I had had an opportunity to tell him off before he died. There was domestic violence in my childhood. So altogether I just have no interest in sex and don't want anyone trying to "fix" me. I just want to be safe.

I did not think it was possible to find a man willing to have a relationship with a female with n...
I don't blame you for just wanting to be safe. I agree. That is why I keep my relationship with my boyfriend very low key. No sex. No kissing. He so far has been able to understand that and respect that, although he did try to ask me to marry him a number of times before I think he finally has accepted the fact that I am not interested in that. I had to be plain with him and explain my past in detail, before I think he finally got it. Whether he continues to accept the relationship as it is and continues on with it as it is will have to be tested by time. I can only hope that he does accept it, but only God knows if that will be the case or not.

Quote..........."I did not think it was possible to find a man willing to have a relationship with a female with no sex. Unless he is gay."

Well, I can tell you for sure I am not gay, I love women, I've been married twice, divorce ended the first marriage and my second wife passed away. At my age now I think I'm passed it, that along with my health, which is failing, I'm lucky if I can raise a smile now, let alone anything else. Lol.

I'm watching a documentary on TV just now, about folk not sleeping properly. One of the doctors, who was treating a 26 year old woman, who hasn't slept properly for ten years, turns out it was PTSD that was causing her problem.

As she saw her boyfriend get burned alive after a horrible motor bike crash, she was thrown clear, but the bike pinned him down, and burst into flames?

She wasn't even aware that she had PTSD? I could relate to every word she said.

Another patient couldn't sleep for having night mares, (sounds familiar) I recognised every word he said,mas well, as I'm exactly the same, only wish I could get treatment like that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back