• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Relationship When Do You Just Give Up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have sent the boyfriend (will call him K from now on) a few texts last week about PTSD, and if he wanted me to stay or just move on...both no responses.
Also he was supposed to contact me this weekend so we could exchange our stuff. Nothing....

On Friday he responded to a text in regards to his boat.

Why is he avoiding my question or texts? I wonder if he is reading them and thinking or if he just wants to avoid the entire thing all together.

Sorry so very flustered today with him. I know going NO contact will not bother him really since he has this dissassociation thing going on.

I hate the lack of communication ......

I had a partner who did this to me. It was his way of controlling the situation. It doesn't sound good to me. It doesn't sound like he is just dissociating. It seems to me he's avoiding contact altogether.

Sorry but I think he is truly avoiding you, it's probably both PTSD and the other issues involved. Just give him his boat and give him his space. That's what it sounds like he's asking for, so that's about all you can do. :confused: Good luck

Same thing happened to me. Self preservation is the 1st law of nature. How can you be there for someone that won't even communicate with you and avoids you altogether? You can't. Maybe one day he will come around, but until then I think you should just concentrate on yourself. Be there for him if and only if he needs you, but otherwise just let him go. You'll save yourself from the heartache and pain. I've been there - done that.

Sorry I don't have his boat, it was in the shop...I was just asking about it in a text :) He answered that one but avoided the other questions...

Part of me thinks he doesn't want to answer the one about me moving on because he doesn't want me to but can't say stay...

We have done this no contact, avoidance thing before but I am getting to the point where I am fustrated and needed to vent :)

Been there done that too... If he cannot give you the courtesy of replying to your texts and continues to avoid you I wouldn't wait around too long and put all the power in his hands by waiting for him to make a decision regarding your relationship. Its their way of controlling you. Try and step back and evaluate things honestly for yourself in your own mind and decide whether this is what you want for yourself, first and foremost. Then make your own choice otherwise you could be waiting a long time for him to make his mind up. Its not a nice place to be. Concentrate on yourself, look after yourself and carry on with your own life in the meantime. :)

From personal experience, the push-pull doesn't end. In my case it's intensified. I'm in a healthy place and the uncertainty and wondering "will he love me today" is too much for me to deal with honestly. I'm in the process of breaking it off with my person. I'm not suggesting you do the same. What I'm saying is that it doesn't seem to lessen. He might be testing you, but once you pass this one, there will be another and another and another. I might be frustrated (I am) so take what I'm saying with a grain of salt. I know there are others on here who have been with their significant others for a while and might be better equipped (and less triggered than me as I'm going through it right now) to answer this question.

Good luck.

Nicolette he also has trust issues with women ...his mom left when he was younger, several gf's and divorced twice. I am thinking the PTSD is what ended the GF's and the divorces...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back