1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

When Iraq Vets Collide - Politics

Discussion in 'News, Politics & Debates' started by anthony, Aug 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Tonight on Hardball we got a rare glimpse of what a debate between a Republican Iraq War Vet and a Democratic Iraq War Vet looks like. Or should I say the Republican Iraq War Vet, at least as far as candidates for Congress go.

It was Republican Van Taylor, who's running against Democrat Chet Edwards in TX-17.

He's one of a tiny number of challengers the NRCC says they're supporting, and they're already going low against Edwards -- you'll hear Taylor accuse Edwards of not "supporting the troops" even though Edwards is beloved by the military community for work on national veterans issues and his work with the local vets community on things like PTSD. It's a big part of why he survived Tom DeLay's redistricting garbage.

Anyway, you'll see in this clip why so many Iraq vets jumped into politics as Democrats this time around while Van Taylor is the lone Iraq vet running for Congress as a Republican. The contrast between Taylor's regurgitated Ken Mehlman talking points and Paul Hackett's heartfelt, passionate outrage is just shocking. And you'll see the same kind of sincerity from Tammy Duckworth and Patrick Murphy on our side. If you've never seen Paul Hackett before, you're in for a real treat and will soon realize why he instantaneously gained so much respect in the blogosphere.

Anyway, the video of the debate is great, [DLMURL="http://www.crooksandliars.com/2006/08/22/paul-hackett-on-hardball-2/"]check it out.[/DLMURL]

Source: Huffington Post

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. mac

mac Active Member

I don't have to watch it, I was part of the lies that has now hurt/killed so many, and cost our country billions in $$$. We caused a huge problem in Iraq, all the while a 7 foot Saudi runs around with a dialysis machine that we can't seem to catch... I hope daddy is so proud of his son, "Dubya." Republicans support the rich, and Democrats are for the one's who really want democracy and fairness for everyone.

4. anthony

That video cracked me up... because the one who has an ounce of knowledge is the one that just so happened to be booted from his political campaign, so happens for some made up crap, and the idiot supporter of the lies is the one who can't even raise a decent arguement for the troops to be in Iraq.

I must say though... people make politicians, and without the support of the people, the politicians go away. If people stand up and be heard and stand together in the majority numbers to let only the half crooked politician through, then that is better than the twit with no idea... atleast a voice which will be taken notice is better than a yes man.

5. mac

mac Active Member

The first time he was elected was wrought with scandal and controversy. And the regime currently in the white house was able to scare Americans into keeping this idiot in office for a second term with the 'terrorist' excuse. Although the idiot populations seem to be coming around now, its a little too late... the damage is done in my opinion.

6. anthony

I think it is too mate. As a veteran I understand reasoning for helping other countries, but I have never been a big one on invading another country without the actual request of that country to say help, we want x,y and z, and then please leave and let us cope with the aftermath, not... hang around and make things worse and worse.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar