1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

When The Boss Can't Stay Out Of The Way

Discussion in 'Social' started by motorjack, Dec 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. motorjack

motorjack Active Member Premium Member

My boss seems to pull the sheet out from under neath me ever time i try to do something. He gives me some crap line that it was a suggestion from some else but wont say who.He keeps saying hes a small cog in the big machine. I want to PUNCH HIS LIGHTS OUT,but i feel thats what he wants. I feel like a leper( how ever thats spelled) and he doesnt know what to do with me. I have tried to explian whats going on but its like talking to my father....:angry-fla :cussing:

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. Marlene

Marlene I'm a VIP Premium Member

MJ,

I know just how you feel. I told my boss about the PTSD as a consideration (since I didn't know if I was going to get better or worse or what) and the shit really hit the fan after that. He told me (actually gave me names of people) who he said were complaining about me. These were people that I had spoken to when I felt like I was going to explode and just needed not to be alone. Anyway, talked to the people he mentioned (to apologize...stupid me, I believed him). These folks said they'd never complained, but he'd been asking questions about me. The next day I got a written letter of warning for 'bringing my personal problems to work' and an ass chewing for 'going behind his back and talking to the people that he mentioned'.

Since that day, I've just kept to myself unless it was work related. Funny though...I hear people bitch about 'personal' problems (spouses, boyfriends, money, etc.) every day of the week with no repercussions.

It's amazing how you can go from liking and respecting a person to loathing them in the space of one conversation. The other day, I got back to work after three days of vacation and my boss was late and the thought popped into my head, 'Maybe he had a heartattack or something and I won't have to see him anymore'. This is so contradictory to my personal philosophy...but I can't help how I feel towards him now.

I wish I could give you something more than 'I know what you're going through', hon. The only thing I've been able to figure out is that what's not understood is feared. And anytime you mention anything mental/emotional, people fear it. *sigh* Hope you have better days at work. *hugs* :smile: