• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

When You Dissociate, Where Do You Go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shimmerz

MyPTSD Pro
T-doc used to ask me all the time whether I would ever see myself from up top or in the corner or from another part of the room. He seemed really surprised that I went inside. Deep, deep inside.

I do recall one time only when I dissociated and saw myself from 'above me'. The circumstances of that were different from most and I didn't actually realize at that time that I had been dissociative most of my life.

I am just wondering. When you dissociate, can you feel yourself observing yourself from somewhere? Do you feel like you are 'outside' of yourself or 'inside' of yourself?

To a still functional degree I go a few inches outside myself. Totally gone I probably go deep inside but it feels more like nowhere, like every piece of me turned to ether and evaporated. I feel empty on inside, like a vacant body where a person used to be. Also not situated in time, not "here" in terms of space or time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back