• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Where's my hashtag?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mozafu

Sigh. So many women are doing the #metoo thing on my social media. So many of them are blaming men, all men. A few are blaming the Patriarchy, which to me is not too much different.

As a man who was falsely told he was an abuser and then as a consequence was abused himself, I am triggered and angry. But that's much too involved and not black and white enough for a hashtag.

I understand that my feelings are primarily caused by a lack of empathy. Yes, I get it. I got it during #yesallwomen and the last nine hashtags about how much it sucks to be a woman. But all this debate is good for is to spread the word about how horrible men are, all men.

I'm trying to not make it about me as a man. But every time someone posts "Me Too," I think about how no one gives a shit about yeah, me too, because I'm a man, and according to social media, men are only abusers, and only men are abusers.

If it helps, some of my friends have talked about men as survivors too. And welcomed them to participate in the me too hashtag thing. Also, none of the friends I saw, were blaming all men.

That being said, I felt excluded too and triggered too and am avoiding Facebook right now.

A FUKKIN MEN!

Where the hell is my hashtag.

Female CSA survivor.

You go figure it out!

Topics are revolving and more rapidly changing then ever before. I expect that you'll have your time/moments as well. I am a person who has not participated in the hash tag thing (nor do I intend to) because frankly I'm allergic to popular trends over substance but that's just me.

I wasn't aware sexual assault & sexual harassment was limited solely to men on women. :O_o: In my area plenty of men are hash-tagging themselves.

I wasn't aware sexual assault & sexual harassment was limited solely to men on women. :O_o: In my area plenty of men are h...

It's not, but the movement is about how women are the victims at the hands of men.

I think we as a society need to pull our heads of our asses, then learn how to see past the ends of our noses.
This whole thing is f*cking ridiculous.

What good is this supposed to do? Nobody will remember this in a few weeks, just like every other stupid tweet du jour.
And before anyone says it, "awareness" is great and all, but how does a larger pool of victims change anything?

1 man or woman person being disrespected because of their gender is unacceptable.
1 person being raped is unacceptable.
1 child being raped is unacceptable.

The fact that some people use things such as this to bicker over which gender can be involved, is so f*cking offensive, not to mention juvenile and bigoted. Makes me want to vomit.

Why? Because each of us is a separate person. I'm not better than anyone, or more important.
I have a life. I have or had parents, friends, pets, hobbies, interests, love, hate, birthday parties, first word, first step, first day of school, good jobs and shitty jobs.
I have experienced living.

You know what else?
So have all of you.
So now, why does it matter if it was 1 person or 1,000,000,000 people?

Really?
I find gender inequality offensive and I need to grow up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back