• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Poll Which Parts Of Your Life If Affected Most By Ptsd?

Which parts of your life if affected most by PTSD?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

physicist13

Confident
I've had PTSD for a few years now, but it had been especially bad for the past year. I am in high school and socializing is pretty expected, but in the past year I have totally abandoned my friend group. Everything just feels agitating and I can't relate to my peers at all.
Anyways, I was just wondering what parts of your lives have been most effected.

I don't think there's a worse or better it affects my whole life it feels intertwined with who I am now. Sometimes symptoms are bad sometimes not so bad. It's all hard work but most of the skills I've learned are transferable. So I might've learned to be mindful to ground in social settings but I can use it in all the other things.

When things are hard they're hard everywhere is I think what I'm trying to say.

I voted other, I would vote all the above if I could... can't concentrate, quit school, don't want to be around friends, can't concentrate, couldn't work, recently back at work but still can't concentrate, don't want to be at work, don't want to be around coworkers... and round & round it goes :banghead:

Sleep, insomnia and if do sleep have bad nightmares.
If im having a difficult time then i can become distant and angry but am good at putting a front on most of the time.

This is the single most comforting thread - most comforting part of my day.

My work life suffers a ton, which affects my financial life, which makes me even more stressed out esp. since I have to pay down the out-of-pocket for my therapy right now. So that's an annoying cycle. But I've always felt that if I just had $10,000 extra in my life every year I would literally not have to worry (I know how much I spend and use so that's about the minimum accurate amount I need to stop worrying).

The otehr biggest thing is my physicality. As you can see Im full of typos - I have a neurological tremor and things stress me out easily so I shake all the time. I hate it so much. I used to be a certified pole and social dance teacher, and while I can still take on wedding choreography clients, I haven't been able to do my preferred dance styles in a million yeras to the point wher eI wonder if I still can. I feel self-conscious that peoople can see how shaky I am and I sing off-key a lot b/c I can't control anything anymnore (and I used to perform with an a capella group). That part is the worst. Esp. since my friend wants me toa udition to lead worship at a prayer house with my friends but I feel like I suck at pretty much everytying now. So going from total acclaimed performer to "shaky chihuahua" (as my ex calls me) is emotionally draining and humiliating.

As I have stated-I refused my diagnosis until it went thermonuclear on me-don't do that.

As a result, I'm not working, driving makes me an absolute mess of nerves and moods, and I have to take time and watch myself in relationships of any nature because while my meds usually are a great help, I can still have days when my hypervigilance kicks up because my trauma was caused by friends and loved ones-so I'm always looking out to make sure it will never happen again.

My life is utterly opposite of who I was before I got slapped with my condition-though perhaps curbstomped would be a better descriptor.

I stay at home, I rarely attend social events, and I would prefer a quiet day with my husband to a loud one with friends. I don't even know if I want to get back to that in the space I'm in now, because I can't help but see how it left me vulnerable and easy prey to so many. I just don't trust people like I used to, and I feel like I always have to be watching all of my interactions lest they lead to something that I'd prefer to avoid. It's like trying to be in two places at once and it's exhausting.

I've had PTSD for a few years now, but it had been especially bad for the past year. I am in high s...
I am unable to work because of my PTSD. My friends are important to me but after giving all of the energy I have left to my son I have nothing left for friends. PTSD takes up a huge portion of my mind, my son takes up the rest (the majority).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back