• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Who Am I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll add to mine that I love green, as well as bright colors and my favorite green is the bright green that you first see in Spring, before the leaves mature.

I am a faith healer, so I went to the Hospital yesterday and with a few other folks, we prayed over a dear friend who is sick with cellulitis in his leg. I don't have any news yet about how he's doing, but we can always go and pray over him as many times as it takes. One of the folks who did pray with us told me later that she "felt" something as I prayed, so that was encouraging!

I have yet to see Runaway Bride
:rolleyes: I had seen it already :facepalm:. I like the scene where he tells her family off :D and then she sticks up for herself. Slushy feel good stuff.

Watching Runaway Bride made me realise how often I am silent or not assertive.

I discovered that I still look out for people when they are upset. I do my best to listen and comfort them. I also learned that sometimes I think I come across as grumpy or unreasonable, and I've been reassured this is not the case. Sometimes I'm too hard on myself. [Sometimes, I probably am grumpy though :meh:]

I made a collage and remembered how much I love being creative.

I also discovered just how much I want a life with less over the top dramatics, and that I make a choice if I stay in situations or not.

I didn't run away from a difficult conversation. I am learning.

I am a mother to four children and this has been the best role in my life. They are all young adults now and I am so proud of them and the people they are. I was not always the "best" mom, but they know I always did my best. Although the daily responsibilities of child rearing are over, this part is wonderful as they are now some of the people that are closest to me. I don't have to be the parent and its OK now to be the friend.

I am in a transitional state right now and I do not know who I am and who I am becoming, because I am going through so many inner changes now.

I have been here before and I am this state now. It takes a season to get through this and it will take as long as it takes. My beliefs are really being under so many questions and reexamining everything, It is a learning and growing time for me.

My illusions are shattered and have to be replace with my truths and logic and reason now.

I made a list of all the things I like, the things I am proud of, and the things that helped to shape who I am today, to help me to see for myself who I am. I also asked other people what they liked best about me and this gave me an idea of my strengths. I offer these things to you as possible suggestions for getting to know yourself better.

@Lionheart777 ...those are great ideas...especially having others help. I was in residential treatment for 4 months. One of the final assignments was to make a scrapbook of things from the time there to take home with me. It includes cards and notes from clients and staff, encouragements and lots of wods used to describe me. I thought it kind of stupid at the time, but has been incredibly resourceful when I am really struggling to look back and identify those things that others see in me.

I lost a lot of me when I let the chronic illness take first place in my life. It put me on disability, and now I sit home with nothing to do basically. I miss who I was before it hit, but I'm not sure I can find my way back to that person. Seems so far away. I'm trying though, in therapy, to refind myself. It's going slowly and will be put on hold while my therapist takes maternity leave.

There are things I use to love doing, photography, writing, drawing, etc., that I no longer do. Nor do I feel any need to do them. Which is a shame. I think, and they tell me, that's the depression. Someday I hope to get back to that.

Great thread.

I don't know who I am. Someone said to me recently, (paraphrase)"Why do you have to pick one or the other? Can't you be the same person acting differently when you're in different moods?" It doesn't feel like that though. I know I act differently when I am in different moods. That feels and is normal. This is different, like something elemental, a feeling like I have lost Myself along the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back