• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Why Can't I Leave?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a sufferer. My SO and I are splitting. I am packing right now. It will be quick. The thing is, I am leaving b...
So sorry your relationship is ending. I'm sure it's difficult for both of you.

Every single word you typed describes my relationship. Honestly at first, I wasn't sure if this was an old post I made that I had forgotten about. I'm currently having the same debate with myself, too. No answers, but good luck :hug:

Every single word you typed describes my relationship. Honestly at first, I wasn't sure if this was an old post I made...
Good luck to you as well!!! It just gets so frustrating. I'm just so tired. I know relationships are work, but should it really be this hard? He thinks his PTSD means he has a free pass to say whatever he wants to me and I should just get over it. I have been asking him for years to get help. I feel like this is just sucking the life right out of me.

It will continue to suck the life out of you until something bad happens (could be anything from cheating, escalating to phab, your mental health deteriorates...) if no one is seeking outside help or setting boundaries. (I suck at boundaries.)

Sorry you're going through this. PTSD sucks. Untreated PTSD is hell. There is no way I could be with my Vet if he wasn't in therapy. And he agrees he couldn't be with me without it either. If he refuses to seek help there is nothing you can do for him. It's time to take care of YOU now, three years is long enough. Go be happy!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back