• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Why do they like me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for all your replies, I haven´t been around for a bit.

First: I do accept that they like me, but I don´t understand why. I do appreciate that they like me, but I just don´t understand why. So this is not about me being an ass and not appreciating that people support and/or like me.

The reason why I asked this, is understanding why other people like me, might give me some insight into myself. They seem to see things in me that I am not seeing. So asking would be the only way to find out what they see.

From your above comment It seems like (I am not clear) that you may be struggling with feeling better...about yourself in relationship to others?

Yeah, that´s pretty accurate I think. I´m not sure how I feel about myself in relation to my friends. I know why I like them, that´s pretty clear. They are solid, honest, and sincere. Perhaps those are qualities that I have too but I have trouble recognizing any of those qualities, as I tend to think of myself more as a confusing and rather abstract collection of different emotions and thoughts. I don´t know where I am headed and half of the time my identity is still fuzzy because over the past years I´ve changed a lot.

I recently did have a similar conversation with a friend. I did not exactly asked why they liked me, but they said that I was special for them because I´d undergone so many changes in my life, more than anybody else they knew. So it´s a start.

I recently did have a similar conversation with a friend. I did not exactly asked why they liked me, but they said that I was special for them because I´d undergone so many changes in my life, more than anybody else they knew. So it´s a start.

I am glad you had the conversation. I am so glad it all is working out to help you better understand yourself because this is a really big deal for you. This helped me so much in my life too. I am glad that you have such good friends and is on your way to better days ahead for you. hugs.

I hope this is the right place, not sure how to categorize this question.

The thing I don´t really unders...
I completely understand this feeling, it sounds like it's more of a feeling, I'm going to relate it to myself just because I've felt like this a lot! Basically I feel like that sometimes because I just don't feel like a worthwhile or lovable person, so why would anybody else care? It could very well be related to a belief I hold, I just don't think I measure up most of the time. Maybe take a look at yourself and try to figure out if those are things you believe about yourself, or how you view yourself. I tried lol, this was hard to express for me.

If a friend asked me this question I would figure they were going through a tough emotional time. I would answer and would hope that it would make the friend feel better. :) It never hurts to ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back