• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Why is finding help so hard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fadeaway

MyPTSD Pro
When I lived in the area I was raised in, I knew where to go to get help because that comes with the familiarity of the area. Where I am at know, it seems like the obvious places to get help are just bright and shiny faux shop fronts with a lot of snazzy P.R. The real help appears to be underground.

My thoughts are leaning towards "How, can I get the word out, to where the real help is?"

Plus my personal vendetta with the local do nothing except sit and look pretty for the cameras while we accept awards for doing nothing and calming that our 'highest suicide rate in the nation' is due to air pollution.

I want to make a difference somehow, but I feel so helpless. I want people like us to know how to access the help they need, but how? I am so angry at the whole system right now.

I am so pissed about being told that outpatient care starts with a trip to the E.R. Well I was just at the E.R. the other day, and they seemed to feel differently. They tell me to call 211, but 211 says they only have resources when they have been informed by the agency that help is from. Well no agencies have listed themselves with 211.

I think I must have found the right person, when all the people at the E.R. and other agencies make a big show of not being affiliated with her because she is eccentric. Honestly, she sounds right up my ally. Especially, if she is the type who doesn't tell someone seeking help, "Well it is your fault for choosing negative people to be in your life"

Seriously, I need to figure out how to report these people. But how to you report a University based neuropsychiatry department?

They are a division of the State University teaching hospital. They are the State university neurology and psychology research division of the teaching hospital. The hospital it's self is good. It is their Psychology program that is so disastrous, but they have little to no competition because millions of dollars are poured into this program.

Anyways I filed a complaint with the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back