• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Why should we have to suffer so much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

saraemerald

MyPTSD Pro
Why should we have to suffer so much and why do we? What's the point? It's so crazy how much trauma messes with your head!
Have you ever clung to the cute Disney fantasies in your mind of what life is supposed to be like as a child even if you endured abuse in your childhood but then when you grow up and look around at life, the world and realities, you're like shit!?
Why should I have to suffer so much from unwanted sexually, intrusive thoughts that make me feel like I am tainted because of the horrible trauma I endured as an innocent child?
This all seems like bullshit to me.

Yeah, it kind of is bullshit.

But the good news is that we can heal and move beyond this.

Dis...
I know Disney movies aren't realistic for anyone. I'm just using it as a relatable reference to the childish fantasies we have and read about in children's books, sometimes to escape abuse, and then when we get older we are faced with reality and unwanted intrusive thoughts, etc

Suffering isn’t always inevitable, regardless of situation. I’d argue that suffering is someth...
I know. I used to be a super positive Pollyanna and look at the world in a positive way despite everything that happened to me. I was sooo resilient that I was able to put up with a LOT of BS and still keep the peace and faithfully follow a f#%king cult that I believed in. I am bitter now and I am OK with that. All these feelings are coming out now and I am facing reality and it f#%king hurts! I am in pain! I was disfellowshipped/shunned because I decided I no longer want to be part of the cult so I lost ALL my friends!
These feelings that are coming out of me now are in reaction to all the BS I put up with for so many years and are helping me to see what is what and now put up with anymore! I like my feelings whether they are pain or joy. They are a part of me!
I am not denying my pain. I am finding balance and venting is part of that.

I like my feelings whether they are pain or joy. They are a part of me!
That’s awesome.

Your post started with “why should we have to suffer so much”. My response was just to say, it’s not always ‘have to’. Often, we can work to choose how deeply we let our shit drag us down.

But sometimes it’s an important part of coming to terms with what has happened. It sounds like that’s what you are going through.

Do I understand you correctly?

We shouldn't. But we do. I really doubt that there is any life without pain, or certainly none worth living. Nothing worth having ever came easy, and that is especially true in an economy custom designed to make us feed off each other not to simply break even, but to survive. I've done alot of research and come to the conclusion that a great deal of the hurt in the world is by design, so they can sell us something to alleviate it. And that something never does the job, because then they wouldn't be able to sell us again. Religion, fairy tales, it's all a scheme.

I went on Quora, and a girl had asked where the 'love of her life' was. I told her that the term 'soulmate' was designed to sell shiny rocks and $35k wedding packages, which can be financed ofcourse, and 14% interest.. A bargain!!

So much of the unrealistic expectations of the world are meant to support this. So much of our culture revolves around devouring those around us. And with all that pressure, comes the abuse. I'm so sorry this happened to you. I wish it hadn't happened to me either. But we have each other, and that is how we save the world.

(((((((hugs)))))))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back