• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Why so quiet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Nufuve

My combat PTSD sufferer doesn't physically withdraw for days/weeks on end or verbally lash out, but sometimes he goes from being his usual chatty, funny self to being really unusually quiet. It's to the point where you might say or ask him something, and he doesn't even hear it, and it very much seems like he's not all there in those moments. Granted his constant struggle with sleep probably doesn't help at all, but just wondering what could be going on when that happens so I can better understand him?

Could be dissociation, or he's just in a place where talking is exhausting. I find talking exhausting sometimes and I don't have PTSD, I'm just introverted. I can only imagine how exhausting it could be with PTSD.

It's not you, it's him. I'd just let him be still and find something to entertain yourself. I always have something to do set aside for when my vet is feeling quiet.

I suffer with combat PTSD and hope I'm allowed to post here since I'm not a supporter but I may have a suggestion for this type of behavior as I am like this myself at times. For me personally it gets the worst a couple weeks before and after the death of my friend. Also close to Remembrance Day because that's the day his family came overseas for the dedication of a memorial. If these times track a calendar it is probably subconsciously connected to events that he experienced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back