• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Why Was Scott Fraser Banned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

anthony

Founder
For those that have sent me PM's about Scott Fraser being banned, and haven't received responses, here is the one time facts of the situation as to why I banned him from the forum.

Simply put, there were far too many females making statements too me about inappropriate remarks he makes / had made to them, he targeted females primarily here, single one's at best, and used the site like it was some sort of dating portal.

This is a PTSD forum, and whilst we have a general chat forum, the main focus is PTSD. For those who try these tactics, I have never made it a secret that we will catchup with them and their antics, as people PM myself and other editors all specifics and correspondance when offended.

That is why Scott Fraser was banned by myself from this forum, because his behaviour was sexually inappropriate to people who are very much here in the first place because of such traumatic events occuring within their lives.

Reactions: fin
So when someone is banned, is it forever? What's to keep them from coming back under a different username?

There are ways in which a person can do it, but they have to know what they are doing firstly. It is easy enough to soon work out who they are very quickly. For obvious reasons, I am not going to list how things can be gotten around here.

Yeah I guess you obviously can't explain that, sorry. But I'm glad you can figure out who a person is though, if they come back. That's reassuring.

:gunem-dow More power to yuh...Anthony!!!!! I am particularly relieved that he is GONE!!!!!!! I had been uneasy about his posts and some alarm had been sent off in my brain that he was behaving in a predatory manner....I did though fail to say anything about him before he was banned as I was afraid that I would be seen as attacking another member.....Would it have been appropriate for me to have nailed him on the public forum??? I really could use some input on that....I do feel upset that maybe because I didn't confront him that it gave him extra time to privately sexually harrass other members of out community....For that I am truly sorry:frown: I am also relieved that he lives in Scotland as at least there's an OCEAN between us!!!!! This is really bad timing for me to have had this go on and then be finally given knowledge of what he was truly up to....On the 19th of this month is the second anniversy of my rape and the one person I had for support can no longer ethically talk to me about it as I was a client at that county's rape crisis center [now closed:frown: ] and the rape crisis center no longer exists so she has no legal backup to act in their behalf.....She now works at the battered women's shelter and this is what her boss has told her:crybaby: SUCKS!!!!!!: I think I better let that wound be reopened [though right now it's starting to come apart] as I talk to my therapist in 3 days.....I did get a chance to talk to one of the nurses when I was in the hospital about the upcoming anniversy and the situation I noted above and she said to talk-about-it as I am still keeping a lot inside.....I guess I haven't really dealt with the feelings which at this moment are getting more to the surface.....:eek: I just have to keep doing my deep breathing!!!!! STANDING FOR PEACE AND NON-VIOLENCE

Must say I'm pleased the ability to ban troublesome members exists. Makes for a much safer experience. Thank you Anthony.

Jim.

WF:

the appropriate way to handle this would be to privately pm one of us editors and foward pm's to us that make you uncomfortable. It is in no way, being mean towards other members when it's private. However this type of thing should not be blasted in public when it's yet to be determined what problem is arising.

Hope that helps some.

bec

And please I stress we all need to know! I get a private complaint or two, bec gets a couple, Y&A gets some, Anthony gets some... See thing is we do not know until the complaints get excessive and one of us mentions it, then we see how wide spread it is.

You know why? Because hardly anyone uses the report system in place (the bell in the upper right) So in this case and many others the left hand does not know what the right is doing. The bell keeps every editor informed at all times and makes this job a whole lot easier. The bell is there for everyone's benefit. And is of great help for us editing and keep the board running smoothly.

Used the bell once. So it was sent to all of you simultaneously? That is good to know for future reference.

Jim.

If you report a Private Message I believe Anthony is the only recipient. Within a thread and a post like this it goes to all of our private e mail accounts not displayed. So we are more likely to be right on top of it and clean it up. A feature not used near enough but a wonderful one to have to maintain the board.

thank you allfor not only reeducating but for keeping us safe espaecially when there are triggers so close to the issue. Thank you all edditors and Anthony for keeping us safe as we can be

Heck, if anyone ever feels threatened by another member,
please don't hesitate to contact me (or other editors, I'm assuming they feel the same way...)
Creeping/stalking/flaming/starting conflicts are not welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back