1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Will Be Offline For a Few Days Camping

Discussion in 'Social' started by permban0077, Aug 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

Wish me luck, in a few hours I have to go all the way through Houston to get a camper. I am looking forward to camping but not being in the heart of the city. I should be fairly quick to be settled in the park though. Won't take a lap top but will have a video game. I would stick my nose up normally to a camper (tent is way to go) and TV but it is supposed to be over 100 degrees and heat index well over.

Fresh air, horseback riding, fishing, and grilling... Here I come :) I will see y'all at the end of the week. I have to be out the door in a few hours so I best get my butt to bed.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. Marlene

Marlene I'm a VIP Premium Member

Have fun! Watch out for the skeeters and the red bugs. BTW-there were times I would have given my left arm for A/C on a camping trip. Enjoy it!!!!

Lisa

4. Nicolette

Nicolette ♡ Supporter Admin ♡ Supporter Admin Sponsor $100+

Have a ball veiled! A break is always good to revitalise the spirits.

5. She Cat

She Cat I'm a VIP Premium Member

Veiled,

Camping....My god girl you are brave. I tired it once!!!! Thanks but if it doesn't have a bed, tub, and a decent take out....I will pass..... I like creature comforts, minus the creatures....LOL!!!!

Enjoy yourself to the nth degree.

Big hugs....

Wen

6. Kathy

Kathy I'm a VIP

Have a lovely holiday Veiled. I must agree, I prefer tents when camping. Still, being out of doors is lovely and I hope you have a most wonderful time and come home refreshed.

7. Portabella

Portabella Well-Known Member

Veiled, I know you won't read this until after you have returned. I hope you had a wonderful time and feel invigorated and anew....T.

8. permban0077

Well it was pretty wonderful and peaceful (when I hid from kids) but not driving back in through Houston storms and floods!

No horseback riding, they were not doing it. But the kids and I caught fish. My son is a sticlker for releasing them... bummer. Shocking no skeeters! Found a great site open right near the bank of the lake. Had very silly squirls (how do you spell that?? (no spell check here) One day out there I sat on the steps gazing at the lake to look to my otherside to see one about to hop in my lap! I about messed my britches. Went back and fed him some wheat bread. The next day sitting out alone at the picnic table drinking my water, my ice clanked in my cup. Got another one's attention and it came running over. It liked ice I was tossing to it. Thing was I did not see the one sitting on the bench next to me waiting for it's piece LOL. So it scared the hell out of me again.

Watched and fed Blue Jays, and watched woodpeckers and humming birds. The neatest part was an Alligator Guar swimming up and down the bank, it had to be 4 - 5 ft long. It was huge. It is on video.

It was great but I am worn plum out. Have a ton of unpacking to do and cleaning... Will try to play catch up soon. I have learned that I need to take the time out to go visit the lake and state park next to my house. I knew I loved fishing, but I have just not wanted to do anything in so long I forgot how much I love it. I just have to force myself to do it and remember I will be happy once I am drowning some bait! Will have to try to post an awesome pic of the sunset over the lake from my camp site. I had a great view.

9. She Cat

Glad that you had a great time....Welcome back...

Squirrels.....LOL!!!!!!

Wen

10. permban0077

Thanks LOL, I spelled it 10 times and none looked right!

11. She Cat

I have spell check.....LOLOLOLOL ROTFLMAO

12. becvan

becvan Queen of the Blunt! Premium Member

Hey girl! Nice to have you back! Great to hear that it went well and love the animal adventures!

So proud of you!

chat soon,
    bec

13. wildfirewildone

wildfirewildone Well-Known Member

:crazy-eye I'm glad that you had a roaring good time!!! I won't get to go camping with my son this fall because the wedding is Oct. 7th and then they will be gone on their honey-moon a couple of weeks using up all my son's vacation time plus he won't have the extra $$s to pay for it either.....I really am going to miss it!!!! The part I like best about camping is laying under the stars at night and just looking up and getting lost in them!!!! I'll also miss the horseback riding that we've done the last 2 years!!! Maybe we can go in May of next year....hope so.....GIVE PEACE A CHANCE