1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Will it get better?

Discussion in 'Military & Emergency Services' started by Daph, Sep 22, 2017.

1. brokenEMT

brokenEMT Well-Known Member

I'm still in EMS. I couldn't return to work in my own division, so I manipulated my way into a temporary transfer in a different division, but that ended when I was injured by a stretcher with a mind of it's own. I'm back in my own division, but with the physical injuries I'm unable to work for another 3 weeks at least. I've been applying for permanent transfers, but no luck yet, apparently the ptsd makes me a s**ty interviewee :banghead:. I may have to see what our union can do to help, but I can't ever return to my division since that's what let to the ptsd and nothing has changed there.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. Freida

Freida Been There, Done That, Lived to Tell the Story Premium Member

@brokenEMT i know this is pretty off topic to this thread...but there's a website out there called quintessential careers. It's a massive database of every thing you need to get a job including an interview section that has guidelines on how to get ready and what to say. Maybe it could help?

4. Daph

Daph Member

I hope it works out for you! I question the interviews in my area- they say it is based on a point system. The questions are generally the same, but no one will explain how they calculate it up and then they hire the person who has been there barely 6 months with the reason of they got one point more. So I would never beat yourself up with an interview- unfortunately a lot of it is favouritism I think.

Do you think HR would be of assistance too? I would use HR in the sense of they could maybe evaluate to make sure they are not discriminating. I know that may burn bridges...but if you are desperate. I use the word discriminating because it sends out a bunch of alarms and people back off.LOL. Probably the union way is safer and wiser.

That is a good point.... Maybe that is why my T said I could only pursue if I only consider it a "hobby." But keeping it as a hobby of proving them wrong has been...well I get sidetracked easily and A LOT to say it nicely

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2017
    Freida likes this.
  5. brokenEMT

It sounds like we have the same employer

6. Daph

Daph Member

I recently saw a post about some artwork and was wondering the same. I hope I did not make you feel uncomfortable- I will try to be more vague. But I really hope it works out for you. Give 'em H E (double hockey sticks)!

7. Daph

Daph Member

I say give them H*LL as many times I think or thought they were helping, but was just screwed in the end. I question the "R" team motives and was harassed greatly when modified.The encouragement (just was a polite way to say) to get help wasn't a knudge in the end when I got bad...okay now I will be more vague haha. Had to vent! But one cannot lower morale, when there isn't any.

8. brokenEMT

nope, not at all... and no need to be vague, this is a safe site, so write away. What are the odds though???? I'm chuckling, ems really is a small world. I was hoping after I left that no one else would be bullied and harassed, that our organization had learned. Sadly, it's disappointing that our employer is only paying lip service to practitioner mental health. PM me if you need to :)

Daph likes this.