• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Emerg Services Will it get better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you say you gave up on the employer and disability taking it into your hands, did you leave the profe...
I'm still in EMS. I couldn't return to work in my own division, so I manipulated my way into a temporary transfer in a different division, but that ended when I was injured by a stretcher with a mind of it's own. I'm back in my own division, but with the physical injuries I'm unable to work for another 3 weeks at least. I've been applying for permanent transfers, but no luck yet, apparently the ptsd makes me a s**ty interviewee :banghead:. I may have to see what our union can do to help, but I can't ever return to my division since that's what let to the ptsd and nothing has changed there.

apparently the ptsd makes me a s**ty interviewee :banghead:.

@brokenEMT i know this is pretty off topic to this thread...but there's a website out there called quintessential careers. It's a massive database of every thing you need to get a job including an interview section that has guidelines on how to get ready and what to say. Maybe it could help?

I'm still in EMS. I couldn't return to work in my own division, so I manipulated my way into a tempor...
I hope it works out for you! I question the interviews in my area- they say it is based on a point system. The questions are generally the same, but no one will explain how they calculate it up and then they hire the person who has been there barely 6 months with the reason of they got one point more. So I would never beat yourself up with an interview- unfortunately a lot of it is favouritism I think.

Do you think HR would be of assistance too? I would use HR in the sense of they could maybe evaluate to make sure they are not discriminating. I know that may burn bridges...but if you are desperate. I use the word discriminating because it sends out a bunch of alarms and people back off.LOL. Probably the union way is safer and wiser.

That is a good point.... Maybe that is why my T said I could only pursue if I only consider it a "hobby." But keeping it as a hobby of proving them wrong has been...well I get sidetracked easily and A LOT to say it nicely

Last edited by a moderator:
question the interviews in my area- they say it is based on a point system. The questions are generally the same, but no one will explain how they calculate it up and then they hire the person who has been there barely 6 months with the reason of they got one point more.
It sounds like we have the same employer

It sounds like we have the same employer
I recently saw a post about some artwork and was wondering the same. I hope I did not make you feel uncomfortable- I will try to be more vague. But I really hope it works out for you. Give 'em H E (double hockey sticks)!

I recently saw a post about some artwork and was wondering the same. I hope I did not make you feel uncomf...
I say give them H*LL as many times I think or thought they were helping, but was just screwed in the end. I question the "R" team motives and was harassed greatly when modified.The encouragement (just was a polite way to say) to get help wasn't a knudge in the end when I got bad...okay now I will be more vague haha. Had to vent! But one cannot lower morale, when there isn't any.

I recently saw a post about some artwork and was wondering the same. I hope I did not make you feel uncomf...
nope, not at all... and no need to be vague, this is a safe site, so write away. What are the odds though???? I'm chuckling, ems really is a small world. I was hoping after I left that no one else would be bullied and harassed, that our organization had learned. Sadly, it's disappointing that our employer is only paying lip service to practitioner mental health. PM me if you need to :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back