• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Will No Longer Have Internet As Of April 30

Status
Not open for further replies.

becvan

MyPTSD Pro
Just to let you all know, I won't have internet access as of April 30th due to my finacial situation.

For those of you that have my phone number, I have no idea how long I will have a phone either (the company refuses to make payment arrangements so I have a few months at best.)

I am hoping to be able to afford these services again in July/August.

Just a head's up.

bec

Sorry, Bec, that's realy sucks...
Do you have an access to internet from somewhere else, like libraly or something like that?
Hope things will get better for you soon.
Linda

Yes we have a library but the computers are not private. Anyone can be looking over your shoulder at any time. (I used to go there before I got internet and you would not believe how unabashed and nosy people are!) So there is no chance of me using that. People breathing down my neck makes me snap.

Cole will keep everyone updated for me until I can get access again.

I'm crossing my fingers financially too! The reality here is that disabled people spend anywhere from 70% to 90% of their income just on rent, hydro and heat. That is NORMAL. Pathetic isn't it?

I will keep trying to improve my situation, it's just a waiting game at this point.

bec

Well Darn,

It always has been nice talking to you, becvan, I'm sorry to hear that the net and the Forum won't be available to you for some time. I hope that you will find people to emotionally support you while you are away from the web.

Best Wishes,

Talk to you again soon,

Rob

Sorry to hear that, Bec.

If I may offer a suggestion, if you want to write for your trauma diary, write it at home, save it to a disc and then you can do a quick post from the library. That should keep the lookie-loos to a minimum. I write at lunch (at work) sometimes and email it home and then post it.

Sending good thoughts your way for your financial situation to improve quickly. *hugs*

Hi Becvan

Sorry to hear about this!!!!!we just got connected (ha ha), no pun intended.
i know it is hard to manage financially, being off on disability has been rough. Thankfully my work benefit package is not that bad. Hopefully you will be able to access this from somewhere or get the internet back when you move. Aren't you moving soon? I forgot when.
Take Care
Pandora

That really sucks. I hope your able to get internet again soon. Too bad there is no more modern, professional type library where you could post in peace. The library at the university in SK was not bad for me. I used it sometimes.

Bec, I'm so sorry to hear this.
I almost lost my internet last month due to financial reasons as well.
Hopefully you can find some way to get online.

sorry to hear that Bec we may not agree on things but I always enjoy and wether you knew it or not respected your opinion, hope that things change for you soon and that it looks better hopwe to catch you soon, Take Care of yourself and then Enjoy life as much as you can

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back